Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
SPC564A80L7 Reading and programming.
Victor M. Jan 6, 2017 at 03:05 PM (15:05 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the SPC564A80L7 microcontroller in the LQFP176 package.

1) Will PROGPPCNEXUS work with this MCU and is ST_SPC564A80_1x32x1024k.PCP the correct driver to use?

2) ST's website says that a Cyclone Max is compatible to debug this device. I wanted to make sure that it was Port B (Qorivva MPC5xxx, DSC) that I use with the cyclone?

3) I've searched ST's datasheet on the SPC564A80L7 and have identified most of the pins required for JTAG. However, I do not see a RDY signal. I do see it on the larger package. I could be overlooking it or perhaps it has a different name/isn't needed?

Thanks for your time! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Victor

Comments

• Greetings,

1) If you wish to flash program the CFLASH, then yes that is the correct algorithm.

2) Yes, Port B on the cyclone max would work on your device.

3) RDY signal is not necessary. We do not use it when enter debug mode or when communicating to your device.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I have one more question.

For in circuit debugging on the SPC564A80L7 can I use ICDPPCNEXUS? It doesn't seem to be connecting for me, however I do not see SPC564XXXXX as a selectable CPU option.

Thanks,
      Victor

• Hi Takao,

Sounds good to me!

Thanks for your help,
    Victor

• Greetings,

Use MPC5644A for your using ICD PPCNEXUS for your project. We currently do not have separate device selection between NXP naming and ST Micro naming of the device.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement