Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Flash Programming Algorithm for the SPC5646CCMM
TIM T. Jan 5, 2017 at 05:55 PM (17:55 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I'm trying to program the SPC5646C using Freescale_MPC5646C_1x32x768k_LCFlash.pcp I have downloaded from the web page. However, I can't get into the BDM mode. I scope around and look like all JTAG control signal is good. Please advice
    ~TIMT

Comments

• Greetings,

What software and its version are you using? What settings do you have set, like the debug shift speed and reset delay? You should maybe try slowing the shift speed and adding 200ms reset delay.

What hardware are you using? Multilink? Cyclone? Which revision and firmware version are you using?

Takao Yamada

• Thanks, Takao for promptly reply. I'm using PROGPPCNEXUS Programmer version 1.33.00.00 with USB Universal Multilink REV.B. Firmware Flash ver. 6.15

I've already tried varies of settings such as slowing shifting speed and reset delay including the 200ms. It looks like at 200ms I've got multiple errors during initial connection "error: Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution"
    Please help.
    Thanks,
    ~TIMT

• Greetings,

Try the demo trial version of the latest software. Your version is very old. See if just trying to enter debug mode works with the latest:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=194

If the new software works, we know the solution. If the new software does not work, then we need to look at your hardware setup.

Takao Yamada

• (You will need to get a trial license by clicking on the link on the license form when it pops up)

• Hi Takao,
    I have installed the demo version of the new software ver. 6.22.00.00 to another PC. I then run the software and the board can enter the Back ground Debug mode right away with the default setup screen.
    Take a closed look at the algorithm PCP file, I realized that the version included in the 6.22.00.00 package is 1.04 while the one I have downloaded from the web site is ver. 1.03. However, when I try to use the algorithm ver 1.04 with ver 1.33.00.00 software, it doesn't work.

What do you think?
    Thanks for your help.
    ~TIMT

• Greetings,

The new algorithms will only work on specific versions of the software. It should have warned you that you need version 6.10 for it to work. These algorithms are pipe-lined algorithms I have developed recently to boost flash programming speeds by 50%-100%.

Version 1.03 of the algorithm will still work. If you use 1.03 algo on the 6.22 software you will have no issues.

This finding shows that you need new software. You can continue to use the demo software but it has a 64K code size limitation and forces you to erase before each time you program. You will need to buy the full version to remove these restrictions:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320089

Takao Yamada

• Thanks, Takao for the finding and advices. I'll contact with sale support to upgrade the software version. 
    Best regards,
    ~TIMT

• One more thing, Takao. Our PCs will be updated to Window 10 OS very soon. Have the software been tested on Window 10 OS.
    Thanks,
    ~TIMT

• Greetings,

Yes, all of our software will work on Win 10 and 64-bit operating systems.

Takao Yamada

• To be more specific, all of our latest software will work on Windows 10 and 64-bit operating systems. Since you will be purchasing our latest software, you will not have to worry.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement