Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Program Kinetis K20 device
Xiaoyang C. Dec 13, 2016 at 12:33 PM (12:33 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Greetings,

I use USB Multilink Universal debugger and I need to program an ELF file onto Freescale MK20DN64VLF5 device. I found PROG FOR ARM CORTEX device flash programmer (PROGACMP) might be useful. Can someone please confirm this is the good choice for me? While reading the CPROGACMP user guide, it occurred to me the default file format is S19. I am not sure if ELF is acceptable?

--------------------
    /PARAM2=C:\PEMICRO\TEST.S19 /PARAM3=VM
    NOTE: If a /PARAMn parameter has a space in its value, the entire parameter needs to be enclosed in double quotations. This indicates to Windows that it is a single parameter. For example, if the path in /PARAM2 above contained a space, you would need to specify it on the command line like this:
    “/PARAM2=C:\PEMICRO\EXAMPLE FILES\TEST.S19"

----------------------------------
    Thank you

Comments

• Greetings,

ELF files work, and PROGACMP is the right software for you. You have the right hardware to get this working.

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for the quick reply.

• I got the software and started to poke it.  Right now, I have trouble to program the chip correctly. Here is the steps I ran through:
      1) CM: I chose ARP module: freescale_k20dn64m5_1x32x16k_pflash.arp for device MK20DN64M5
      In status window, it says "loading programming alogrithm ... Done".

2) SS: My object file is .elf format.

No update in the status window.

3) EM: Erase module

In status window: Erasing -Module has been erased

4) SM: All FF showed up in the memory from 00000000 to 0000FFF7

5) PM Program module
      In status window: "Checking range of S records. Checked. Programming Address $00002800, Programmed.

The programming process took less than 1s. This is surprising to me. The chip was not programmed correctly.
      Any comments?

• Is there a way I can attached pictures etc to the comment?

• Greetings,

We do not allow attachments in forums to prevent people from spamming or attaching viruses.

Are you sure the ELF file is correct?

What you can do is go to our support page -> Support requests and create a ticket. There you can attach files. Attach any screenshots, but more importantly attach the ELF file so I can confirm that it only writes up to address $2800.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks.

The ELF should work correct. I was able to program it using the Kinetis Design studio IDE.

I have created a ticket following your instruction. The ticket name is the same as this comment.
      Really appreciate you got on this for me. Thanks.

• Greetings
      Just curious if you have got my ticket and feedback you can provide to me. Thanks.

• Greetings,

I do not see your ticket at all. I see none in your account. Do you see it in your own account?

Takao Yamada

• Thanks.  Just re-issued a new ticket.   Not sure why the old one was slipped through.

• I recreated a ticket SRID: 24482. The ELF file was attached. Please take a look.   I am eager to solve the program ASAP. Thank you.

• I am still having the problem. No response to my last request in ticket ID 24482.  Any phone number I can call?

• Greetings,

You also have to reply in a timely manner for this issue to be resolved in the support ticket. Please try to answer the questions and I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Takao Yamada

• Sure. Thanks.

I responded to the ticket a moment ago. Please have a look.

• Greetings.

I replied the ticket and provided the snapshots of the status window in the attached file. Have you or your colleague reviewed yet?

• Greetings,

I do not review the support ticket because it is assigned to Gerardo. I can let him know that you are waiting on a reply ASAP. Also note, that we try to answer within 2 business days. We have a lot of customers to support and we are doing our best.

Takao Yamada

• Issue is resolved. Thanks.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement