Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multilink Universal notworking out of the box
. Oct 21, 2016 at 06:50 AM (06:50 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• We recently purchased (08/08/2016) a Multilink universal to replace an old Multilink USB. However the first time it was connected to a device the TGTPWR LED did not illuminate and the device went from drawing 30mA to 200mA!! Using other Multilink USB devices with the save device causes no problems. I'm assuming as this is a brand new product we can receive a replacement under warranty?

Comments

• Greetings,

Could you tell me which chip you were trying to connect to? I need more information as to what was tried and how the problem occurred. Did you make sure to change the firmware on the multilink universal using the resource CD?
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

What I will do after you answer some simple questions is set up an RMA ticket and have you send the unit back to us.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,
      I was trying to connect to a Freescale S12XS256. Using any of our old USB Multilinks works OK it is just with the new one that we see this problem.

I have already updated the firmware from the resource CD but it has made no difference.

thanks

Alex

• Greetings,

Thank you for the information. We do test our products before it gets shipped out to customers.

You will see an RMA ticket was created under your account. If you could detail the order number or invoice number in that ticket (do not disclose that information here on the public forums), then we will check to confirm that you have purchased it recently. If that is the case, we can then confirm the warranty. Let us confirm the warranty before you send the unit to us.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement