Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Secure flash STM32 target
Akhil k. Oct 12, 2016 at 03:08 AM (03:08 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• Hi,

How can we add flash protection through cyclone image creation utility and cyclone after flashing?

Comments

• Akhil,

What device are you using? Most STM32 devices have an option bytes algorithm that will add protection.

Best,

Kevin

• Hi,

Thanks.

Device-STM32L071CBT6.
      If we use option bytes file how can we create this file for Stm32 flash?
      Or simply adding those algorithm in SAP will give protection?

• Use the following algorithm: ST_STM32L071CB_1x32x8_OptionBytes.arp.

You will need to provide an S19 that sets the option byte region to a protected value.

If you need an example, create a support request and mention KevinM (my name in the request, and I will provide you an s19

• Hi, 

Other than this option byte loading method is it possible do this through any commands in SAP creation?

• You can put all of these programming steps into your sap creation script. (you can load more than one algorithm at a time.

Best,

Kevin

• Hi,

Thanks for reply.
      But here we need to give an extra s19 file for option byte configuration. So by any chance is it possible avoid this?

• Akhil,

I'd be happy to create a custom algorithm for you, but it will take a bit of time since I am out for vacation soon. I can promise you one by November 11th

• Thank you.

• Akhil,

Would you like options for read or write protect or both?

Best,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

Sorry for delay.

Regarding this STM32L target will confirm once soon.
    But now can you please help me to make an algorithm for option byte programming in Stm8s003f3 target?

Akhil.

• Hi Akhil,

The STM8 algorithms already allow for Option Byte programming. There is a User Function in the algorithms called "Write Option Byte" which you can use to program the option bytes in your device.

Esteban

• Akhil,

Do you still need an stm32 alg?

• Hi Kevin,

It might be needed in future.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement