Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multilink Universal connection virtual Windows
Tobias H. Sep 28, 2016 at 09:05 AM (09:05 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello
    I have to connect my Multilink Universal to a virtual Windows 7 64 bit.
    I use VMware 12.5 and as Host Ubuntu 16.04.
    If I connect the Multilink the Windows install the drivers and I could see the device in my device manager as USB Multilink 2.0.
    If I start the firmware update utility I could see the Device but If I press "Refresh list of device" the device get lost.

Comments

• Greetings,

What happens if you do not refresh list and you simply start the firmware update utility? Does it continue? Does this problem only occur when you refresh?

Did you install USB drivers on both the host and virtual machine? We have drivers for both Linux and Windows. Check our downloads page to find both at Support page -> Documentation and Downloads.

Takao Yamada

• Hello
    On the Linux Host could see
    Bus 001 Device 029: ID 1357:0503 P&E Microcomputer Systems USB-ML-12 HCS08/HCS12 Multilink
    If I start the firmware update utility a second time the device is not more present.
    I have to unplug and plug it to get it one time back.
    No other software could connect to the Device.

Tobias

• Greetings,

Which revision of the USB Multilink universal are you using?

I have never seen this problem and I personally use Virtual machines and Ubuntu many times.

Are you using any kind of USB hub? If so, please directly connect to the computer instead.

If you unplug and replug and the device returns to normal, what happens if you firmware update? What happens if you DO NOT click on refresh list?

Takao Yamada

• Hello

I connect the Device direct to the computer.

I have a revison A USB-ML-UNIVERSAL

I could not update the firmware, it fails.
    Nothing happend. But I could not work with the device.

If I use the Freescale hiwave programmer, I find the device at startup, if I try to connect, the connection fails and afer that I get the message: Port: Undetected, Disconnect/connect USB cable. Click refresh list.

• I have to add something:
      If I use this Multilink-Universal with a normal Windows computer all thing work.

• Greetings,

Could you make sure to install our Linux drivers and see if that improves your setup?
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=294

And for windows install the latest that we provide:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

I have installed both drivers again
    Linux: ********* P&E Install has been a success *********
    Windwos : also success

But I get only one short time a connection and then it is lost until I replug it.

Tobias

• Greetings,

When the multilink disappears, check VMware and see if the item has been attached to the virtual machine. If it is, go ahead and tell VMware to disconnect and then moment later try to reconnect using VMware. Do not disconnect and replug the USB cable for this test. See if this improves your situation.

I think I may know the problem and it only happens on these older rev A multilink universal hardware. The USB chip that was used in this hardware has problems when it needs to re-enumerate. I am sure you have seen the problem where if you restart your computer, you need to replug the multilink because it has disconnected. Same problem may be occurring with VMware.

Takao Yamada

• Hello
    To disconnect and connect in VMware unfortunately do not impove the situation.
    It is allways the same.

I have test with Rev.B of the Multilink-Uninversal and I have the same problem.

Tobias

• Now I have also tried with a USB-Multilink-Universal-FX Rev.A and I have the same problems

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Have you been able to find a solution?

Takao Yamada

• No
    I don't find a solution.
    It don't work. At the moment I have to use another PC.
    Tobias

• Hello, I have the same problem with USB Multilink ACP.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank you.

• But I'm using VirtualBox

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement