Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Universal Multilink FX glitch using the ICD32z debuger on MC68376 target
Eric D. Sep 27, 2016 at 04:59 PM (16:59 hours)
Staff: Mikhail A.

• Hi,

I use the Universal Multilink FX to program/debug a old board with the MC68376 processor.

I used successfully prog32z to flash and verify a the lowest frequency of 0.74Mhz.

However when I use ICD32z to step the code, the connection seen to glitch and will display the correct memory content 1 time out of 3. If I increase the frequency I am completly unable to debug, so I suppect the BDM clock is to hig for the CPU to keep up.

I captured the BDM clock on the scope and I can see a 100k clock and a 0.74Hz.

I there any way to lower the clock speed of the multilink FX ? Any pointer how I can solve this problem

Thx

Comments

• Dear Eric,

Unfortunately 0.74 MHz is the lowest setting for the Multilink FX. However, you may be able to solve the issue by adding a delay after reset before connecting. It could be that the target needs a bit more time to finish booting up.

You may also want to try leaving the board on in between debugging sessions if you are not doing so already.

Finally, if you have not yet tried this, download the latest firmware and drivers from our website. This will ensure that you are not experiencing a problem we have already pushed out a solution for.

Regards,
    Mikhail
    P&E

• Hi Mikhail,

I reinstalled windows and the driver the drivers and it seen to work fine now. I am also able to use the 1.94 Mhz freq. So the frequency was not the issue.

If it can help others user, My old setup used a virtual machine on vmware. I suspect the coupable is the VM or a driver conflict wit a other programmer.

Thx for the help

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement