Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Kinetis Design Studio cannot read device memory from USB Multilink Universal FX
Gregory W. Sep 15, 2016 at 12:00 PM (12:00 hours)
Staff: Gerardo R.

• Hi everyone,

I'm using a Kinetis KV58F1M0VLQ24 with the USB Multilink Universal FX and Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0 with SWD.

So far, I've gotten just about everything about debugging working including the breakpoints, Disassembly, and the EmbSys Registers.

However, the memory doesn't seem to be updating in either the memory monitors or the variables tab as I step through my source code.

I'm sure it's a simple configuration error in KDS. Only once have I witnessed it show me live values with my mouse hovering over the values. Other times I get a massive table view which show the same content as the memory and variables tab.

Let me know of any suggestions you have.

Thanks!

Comments

• What happens when you explicitly press the refresh button on the memory/variables views?

• Hi Gerardo,

I can't seem to find the refresh button. Is it exclusive to Eclipse?

I have pasted an screenshot of my workspace here:
      http://imgur.com/a/emUKa

• Under the console view, there should be a console called "gdb traces" Can you provide that log? The memory reads should show up here whenever Eclipse tries to populate a view.

• Thanks Gerardo,

Please find the log here:
      http://pastebin.com/L0CXvjvM

I recently updated to the 2.59 plugin.
      I am using the CRC driver example project supplied in Kinetis SDK2.

However, this problem is present no matter what code I've used.

• According to this, Eclipse/KDS isn't issuing any commands at all to read memory. It might be worthwhile opening a ticket with NXP's support system for KDS. Basically, the GDB commands to get memory values to refresh the views come from the CDT plugins for those views. Our software is responsible for replying to these commands which can't happen if they aren't issued to begin with.

• Thank you Gerardo,

I will fill them in.

Thanks!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement