Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Replacement GAL for Cable16/32
David C. Sep 13, 2016 at 02:15 PM (14:15 hours)
Staff: Nick d.

• Greetings:

We have dozens of the (now obsolete) 5V Cable16/32 Rev E BDM pods deeply engrained in many of our production and oengineering operations and procedures. Due to the large population of BDM pods, I am starting to collect a pile of dead BDM pods. Upon examination of the guts of a BDM pod I see that there isn't really much to them. I have verified that the handful of discrete devices are not damaged, so that leaves only the tiny programmable device. I see that the GAL4445PLCC is no longer available from PEMicro and that the blank device (GAL16V8D15LJ) is no longer in production. A quick web search yields a few vendors that this part in stock.

Now the real question. Can I use the GAL from a functioning BDM pod as the Master device to program replacement parts for my dead BDM pods or are the devices protected to prevent reading by a device programmer?

Respectfully,
    Dave

Comments

• Our BDM cable is not protected to prevent reading from a device programmer. We do not program the GALs here though so we're unsure of the success you will have unless you have the necessary equipment for reprogramming.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement