Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
UNITPPCNEXUS Ram usage
Hugo C. Aug 22, 2016 at 03:21 PM (15:21 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

We are planning to add some automation process on our tools with the UNTPPCNEXUS for a MPC5676R.

I have some questions of functionalities:
    - Could I transcribe the equivalent of ICDPPCNEXUS MACRO ?
    - Could I use it to download an ELF program to RAM and run it ?
    - And to en with it, could I debug this program with breakpoints and retrieve data ?

They could be resumed as could I do all things I perform with ICDPPCNEXUS with UNIT ?

Thanks,
    Hugo

Comments

• Greetings,

You will only be able to load an s-record file or bin file. Not an ELF file. You can always do a conversion from ELF to S19 but you will lose the debug information.

You can also connect to the P&E interface, enter background debug mode, set and clear breakpoints, nexus or non-nexus reads and writes, change the SPR and GPR registers (to transcribe the macros), single step, resume or resume all cores, etc. It's close to being a command-line ICD. Just no flash support or ELF support.

Takao Yamada

• I am trying to use the unitPPCNEXUS but I have some concerns:
      - There is no documentation of each function and usage
      - I am trying to load an srec and after execute it but it seems to not working good.
      - The load is successful as I try on ICDPPCNEXUS by setting manually PC and go
      But in my program I put the PC value to playing with single step but I did not find a way to execute all my program.

Thanks,
      hugo

PS: Do you prefer usage of new topic for questions even if there are linked ?

• Greetings,

We can stay on this forum thread.

Documentation does exist as a TXT file when you installed the UNIT libraries. Should be called UNITPPCNEXUS.txt

I think if you read up more on each function and usage, you should be able to resolve your other problems.

Takao Yamada

• There is no usage of each function sufficiently detailed to identify how to run a loaded srec program

• I am searching the issue of my research and I see a difference in execution.

I tryed the demo of MSVC and Delphi and I observe a difference in execution.
    Delphi:
    - The execution of single step 6 times display all the PC step with base address FFFF0XX but it is expected to be 400000XX
    - The writing to valid memory for the Critical Error is $02

MSVC CPP:
    - The execution of single step 6 times display all the PC step with the correct base address 400000XX
    - The writing to valid memory for the Critical Error is 0x00

• I come back with some answer to my last questions:
      - The difference of execution between MSVC and Delphi are still existing

- The execution issues where solved:
      - My MCU MPC5676R need some initialization to ensure it works
      - The index of core to use are 1 for Core 0 and 2 for core 1
      - I need to initialize more space on internal RAM in simulated BAM sections
      - I also created commands to address properly my external RAM available on NXP board
      - I used the default project to try/fail/success my load and run execution
      - I have ported that to Python program using ctypes to interface to the dll
      - There is some issues using the DLL from Java with the JNA
      - The JVM crash at end of execution
      - The document need to be writed in order to have more explanation on each DLL function prototype

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement