Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone Pro Sector Erase
charles v. Aug 19, 2016 at 04:39 PM (16:39 hours)
Staff: Mikhail A.

• Sector Erase doesn't erase P-Flash in HC9(S)12(X).

After choosing the 'Freescale_9S12G192_1x16x96k_192k_Linear_Pflash.12P' algorithm, creating and running an image with 384 Sector Erase commands (0000 thru 017F) the entire P-Flash area is unaffected (i.e. entire program still in P-Flash).

Is the Sector Erase command supposed to erase a 512 byte block of P-Flash?

Comments

• Dear Charles,

The sector erase should be working in this case. It doesn't sound like your device is secure since you are able to enter background mode. Could you create a support request on our system, and send us the S19 file you are using? We can then test it to see if there is a flaw within the algorithm.

Regards,
    Mikhail
    P&E

• Dear Charles,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Regards,
    Mikhail
    P&E

• Mikhail,
    After updating the software, Image Creator and Cyclone Pro firmware, the issue resolved itself. Our production facility has already updated their Cyclones and are shipping product with correctly erased microcontrollers.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

• Dear Charlie,

Sounds great. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Regards,
    Mikhail
    P&E

• Hi Mikhail,
    I have the same problem with the micro freescale 9S12XS256 when use the EM do not erase the D-Flash and P-Flash.

I did the update of the Cyclone Pro software and firmware but I have the same problem.

Really I do not know how to use Sector Erase or Word erase to fix the problem.

Can you help with this issue?

Regards,
    Martin.

• Dear Martin,

Please try using this UNSECURE12 utility to unsecure the chip. After that the EM should work.

https://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=16

Regards,
    Mikhail
    P&E

• Mikhail,
    I downloaded the UNSECURE12 and used the Cyclone PRO - Serial Port and when try to run the unsecure it send that the Interface Cables is detected but the interface speed is not found. The messages are

Interface Cable Detected.
    Searching for interface speed ............
    ERROR- Comunicating with target.
    Appropiate interfase speed not found.

Regards,
    Martin.

• Dear Martin,

Is serial the only interface you have available? If possible, please try using a USB connection.

Regards,
    Mikhail
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement