Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CPROG08SZ with Targetclass 3
Adrian M. Aug 11, 2016 at 03:24 AM (03:24 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hy all

I try to progamm a device with built in serial port interface with CPROG08SZ.

I get an Error 43 "Can not talk to MON08 interface." and don't know why. This settings work with PROG08SZ and the com port is closed bevore I start the script.

I'm using this configuration file:
    ; programmer setup
    :TARGETCLASS 3
    :PORT COM1
    :BAUD 9600
    :POWERDOWNDELAY 800
    :POWERUPDELAY 800
    :FORCEPASS
    :SECURITYCODE 5F 5F 5F 5F 5F 5F 5F 5F
    ; programming commands
    CM 908_AP64A_highspeed.08P
    EM
    BM
    SS update.s19
    PM

Thank you
    Adrian

Comments

• Greetings,

Are you sure your multilink is connected to COM1? Check your device manager and make sure that under Ports (COM & LPT) your communications port is COM1.

Also, there is no need for target class. In fact, adding additional parameters will cause issues. Not sure where you got this information but please check the CPROG08.doc which is found in the same directory as your CPROG08SZ.exe

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I couldn't work on this project for a month now. It is still not working.

I have my information from the cprog08.pdf which I also found on your homepage:
    https://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=139
    In this document the targetclass is specified in all of the examples.

To clarify my description of the problem: I'm not using a multilink. I have a device with built in serial port interface.
    Acording to the cprog08.pdf chapter 5 this would be "3 - Serial port direct to target w/with DB9 connection.". Chapter 1 sais "The CPROG08SZ will work with Class 1-7 devices."

kind regards
    Adrian

• Greetings,

Thank you for the clarification. After selecting option 3 for direct serial port communication, you still need to confirm that COM1 is the correct port. Go to your device manager and check your "Ports".

Also, make sure your board has the proper jumper settings. You may want to read the user manual for the board. It may be that you need specific jumpers to enable the serial connection for communication instead of the MON08 10-pin connector or other methods.

Takao Yamada

• Hello

Yes, I checked all points you listed. Everything seems to be fine on this side. It is working with "PROG08SZ" but not with "CPROG08SZ".
    And the error is 43 "Can not talk to MON08 interface."

regards
    Adrian

• Greetings,

Could you show me the CFG file contents and how you are calling the CPROG software including the parameters. This will help me determine if you are missing anything.

Especially important you call the "NODTR" parameter. Make sure to read the CPROG documentation.

Takao Yamada

• Hello

You can find the content of my CFG file in my first post from August 11th.

At the moment I'm not calling the "NODTR" parameter. What is this parameter for? It is not mentioned in the cprog08.pdf.
    https://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=139

regards
    Adrian

• Greetings,

Any update on this? You should have received a document about the NODTR.

Takao Yamada

• Hello
    I'm Sorry. Your mail was in the junkmail box and I didn't see it.
    Could you please resend the document.
    Thank you
    Adrian

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement