Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Issues in Partitioning Dflash and EEPROM with Cyclone pro
Will Y. Aug 5, 2016 at 06:24 AM (06:24 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello Team,

I am using Cyclone Pro to program **.s19 format file to Device: MC9S12XEQ384VAL, this is the flashing instruction

$ Flash Instruction:
    $ #1: Erase 礐
    $ #2: Program 礐
    $ #3: Partition 礐 EEPROM:
    $ -> Size of emulated EEPROM: 0xC00
    $ -> Size of Data Flash: 0x2000
    $ -> DFPART := 32
    $ -> ERPART := 12
    $ Security Bits: None

I tried to convert the **.s19 format file to **.sap file , using the command as below :
    ; Automatically generated configuration file
    ; For in-circuit programming HCS12 Target
    ; FREQUENCY 8000000
    ;
    :SAPGUIVERSION 332E3431
    :POWEROFFONEXIT 1
    :NEWIMAGE
    :DESCRIBEIMAGE MC9S12XEQ384_357.SAP
    CM C:\pemicro\cyclone_pro\Algorithms\ABS\Freescale_9S12XEQ384_1x16x192k_384k_Linear_Pflash.12P
    SS C:\Documents and Settings\hseabs\Desktop\SAP\357\20160701_SW_357\Z091491.s19
    EM ;Erase Module
    PM ;Program Module
    VM ;Verify Module
    VC ;Verify Checksum
    CM C:\pemicro\cyclone_pro\Algorithms\ABS\Freescale_9S12XEQ384_1x16xmax2k_max4K_EEPROM_linear_1k_page.12P
    FP 000C
    CM C:\pemicro\cyclone_pro\Algorithms\ABS\Freescale_9S12XEQ384_1x16xmax16k_max32k_Linear_User_Dflash.12P
    FP 0020

However, it cannot work, the programmer shows some error message.
    Is there anything worong that I used the command? What should I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Greetings,

What are you using to "convert" your S19 file to SAP? Have you used the image creation utility found within the cyclone pro software package? You should be using that to create your image.

Now, if you have used the image creation utility and now you want an automated way to create a script, then that is a different story. But I hope you have at least tried the set of commands and files you have specified above and made sure it is in working condition before attempting to automate anything.

Takao Yamada

• Hello Mr.Yamada,

Thanks for your support.

Yes,I am using image creation utility V3.41 to create SAP file.

My point is how to use commands to satisfy these flash conditions that are from our customer.

$ -> Size of emulated EEPROM: 0xC00
    $ -> Size of Data Flash: 0x2000
    $ -> DFPART := 32
    $ -> ERPART := 12

Just use FP:Full Partition command? Is there order issues to use commands?

• Greetings,

The FP command is what you will need to do to partition. You should first call the FP command then call the EM command to erase. During the erase it will partition the flash to what you specified in FP.

Takao Yamada

• Hello Mr.Yamada,

Thanks for your support.

You mean we need to use commands as below, right? if not, please correct me, I am not so good at this.

CM C:\pemicro\cyclone_pro\Algorithms\ABS\Freescale_9S12XEQ384_1x16x192k_384k_Linear_Pflash.12P
      SS C:\Documents and Settings\hseabs\Desktop\SAP\357\20160701_SW_357\Z091491.s19
      EM ;Erase Module
      PM ;Program Module
      VM ;Verify Module
      VC ;Verify Checksum
      CM C:\pemicro\cyclone_pro\Algorithms\ABS\Freescale_9S12XEQ384_1x16xmax2k_max4K_EEPROM_linear_1k_page.12P
      FP 000C
      EM
      CM C:\pemicro\cyclone_pro\Algorithms\ABS\Freescale_9S12XEQ384_1x16xmax16k_max32k_Linear_User_Dflash.12P
      FP 0020
      EM

• Greetings,

The FP command is actually both DFPART and ERPART. And you only need to do it once with either the EEPROM or DFLASH algorithm.

I want you to find the PROG for HC12 software found in your cyclone pro software package and use these commands in order. Make sure this works and then you will be confident to execute these commands in a SAP file.

NOTE, S19 files are not going to work in P&E tools. You need to convert your logical S19 file into physical/global addressing PHY files by using our LOG2PHY utility:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=15

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

The FP command you want to do DEPART:EEPART. So I guess in your example it will be FP 200C

Also, once you call the FP and EM commands, within PROG I want you to use the Show Module command. This will show you now the new partitioning in DFLASH and EEPROM. Any address with 0xFF is a valid blank address, while any where with XX indicates now unimplemented flash address. Use this to confirm your partitioning worked as intended.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement