Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
prog16z won't detect USB 16 Multilink
Ann W. Aug 2, 2016 at 03:02 PM (15:02 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I'm using Win 7 and Progz 16, but it won't detect USB Multilink when connected. Under device manager I see Jungo and both USB Multilink 2.0 and Windriver show working properly with most current drivers.

Comments

• John,

1) What version of PROG16Z are you running? We need to make sure that it is compatible with Windows 7. If you are running a very old version (Pre-2010), it may not be. In this case, you will need to get a new license and upgrade your software.

2) What is the exact part number of the PEmicro interface that you are using?

-Johnny
    PEmicro

• PROG16Z Programmer - Version 2.13.00.00

PN USB-ML-16/32 Rev.A

• John,

Do you see any error messages in the status window about errors initializing the USB driver? I just tested Version 2.14 on a Windows 7 64 bit PC and it wasn't compatible. I think you will need to use a Windows XP PC or upgrade your software.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E Engineering Support

• Yes, 

Windows NT detected.
    Notice - Cyclone Pro/Max USB driver did not initialize. (20000007)
    - Library=WDAPI900.DLL
    Error - Port is not available
    ERROR 32 during script!

This is the first time we tried using this software and hardware combination on a Win 7 PC. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's not compatible, we wanted to reach out to your support group before coming to that conclusion.

• Hi John,

Yes, it looks like this combination is not compatible with Windows 7. I can ask our Sales department to send you a quote for a software update. If you are interested, please update your pemicro profile with your address and phone number.

-Johnny
      P&E

• Yes please send a quote, I have updated my contact info.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement