Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
prog16z won't detect USB 16 Multilink
Ann W. Aug 2, 2016 at 03:02 PM (15:02 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I'm using Win 7 and Progz 16, but it won't detect USB Multilink when connected. Under device manager I see Jungo and both USB Multilink 2.0 and Windriver show working properly with most current drivers.

Comments

• John,

1) What version of PROG16Z are you running? We need to make sure that it is compatible with Windows 7. If you are running a very old version (Pre-2010), it may not be. In this case, you will need to get a new license and upgrade your software.

2) What is the exact part number of the PEmicro interface that you are using?

-Johnny
    PEmicro

• PROG16Z Programmer - Version 2.13.00.00

PN USB-ML-16/32 Rev.A

• John,

Do you see any error messages in the status window about errors initializing the USB driver? I just tested Version 2.14 on a Windows 7 64 bit PC and it wasn't compatible. I think you will need to use a Windows XP PC or upgrade your software.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E Engineering Support

• Yes, 

Windows NT detected.
    Notice - Cyclone Pro/Max USB driver did not initialize. (20000007)
    - Library=WDAPI900.DLL
    Error - Port is not available
    ERROR 32 during script!

This is the first time we tried using this software and hardware combination on a Win 7 PC. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's not compatible, we wanted to reach out to your support group before coming to that conclusion.

• Hi John,

Yes, it looks like this combination is not compatible with Windows 7. I can ask our Sales department to send you a quote for a software update. If you are interested, please update your pemicro profile with your address and phone number.

-Johnny
      P&E

• Yes please send a quote, I have updated my contact info.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement