Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Use the Cyclone Universal with Cproghcs08
Michael M. Jul 21, 2016 at 05:45 AM (05:45 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I want to programm a mc68hc908ap64 with a Cyclone Universal an the cproghcs08.exe. 
    - Is it possible to program a hc08 device with the Cproghcs08?
    - Can i use the Cproghcs08 with the Cyclone Universal?
    - How much time it takes to programm a mc68hc908ap64 with a Cyclone Universal FX?

Comments

• Greetings,

You are getting confused between HCS08 and HC08. Completely different architectures.

So, no you cannot use an HC08AP64 device with PROG or CPROG HCS08. But you use PROG08SZ, which should already be provided in the software package for Cyclone universal.

If you have a cyclone, it is counter-intuitive to use CPROG when you should be creating a SAP image and loading it into the cyclone. Please read the user manual for the cyclone to learn how to do this. The only reason to use CPROG with cyclone is if you are using a 3rd party software that needs to call our software to start a flash program session.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you for your quick response

At the moment i use USB Multilink MON08 with cprog08sz to start programming with a batch. I also have a USB Multilink Universal and want to programm the same device. Is this possible? Which software i need?

• Greetings,

With multilinks, you must purchase PROG software, which comes with but PROG and CPROG. With cyclones, they come with PROG software but it is limited to only cyclones.

There is an exception for PROG08SZ. This software we provide for free:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=83

HOWEVER, CPROG is not free:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=12

Takao Yamada

• I allready have Cprog08sz and use it with USB Multilink MON08 but I want programm with the USB Multilink Universal. In the Prog08sz.exe I can't select USB Multilink Universal. Which software I need for this one?

Michael Meier

• Greetings,

Sorry I keep forgetting you are using a USB Multilink Universal. The USB Multilink Universal does not support the HC08 architecture. Only the USB MON08 multilink, cyclone pro, and the new generation cyclone universal [FX] hardware can support your chip architecture.

Takao Yamada

• OK this is bad. We have 10 Multilink Universal and can't use them. Is it possible to give them back.

• Greetings,

Go to our Support page -> Support requests and create a ticket. There mention the order number/invoice number of your multilink universal purchases. There we can discuss your options, but not here on the public forums.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement