Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Reading s19 file from board
Natalie M. Jul 20, 2016 at 12:49 PM (12:49 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I would like to retrieve the s19 file off a S08 chip using the Universal multilink and the PROGS08 software.  I am able to use the Upload Module command and it gives me an s19 file, but seems quite a bit shorter than the original s19 file.  Is there a way to get the complete s19 file that is originally installed into the IC and in the same format?

Comments

• Greetings,

The upload module will read all the data that was defined by the algorithm. So if you select the CFLASH algorithm, it will save the CFLASH data. If you select EEPROM algorithm, then it will read the EEPROM, etc.

Takao Yamada

• This is the algorithm I used to program the part and the one I used to read it out: C:\pemicro\PROGHCS08\algorithms\9S08DV16.S8P
    Should I use a different one to read it out then?

• Greetings,

No, if you used that to write, then that is what you use to read. In fact, the read s-record should be larger than your original S19 file because the upload module command will read every byte, while your S19 file is most likely not writing every byte in flash.

Note, that your original S19 file may be writing data outside of the CFLASH range. For example, if your S19 file has RAM data, that will not be programmed because that would not make sense to do so.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you, you have answered my questions very well!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement