Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Dynamic data
Petr D. Jul 20, 2016 at 08:12 AM (08:12 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Is there any way to replace fragment of image with dynamic data?
    Bytes in image to be replaced are not 0xFF's. Dynamic data bytes
    are from 0x00 to 0xFF.

Comments

• Greetings,

Either you can program serial numbers using our serialize utility and use "program serial" commands, or if you data is dynamic then you need to use our cyclone automated control package:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320101

You could download the basic edition, but you will not be able to program dynamic data unless you get our professional or enterprise edition.

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao,

thank you for answer. I tried to insert dynamic data (not only serial number) using serial utility. It is little bit inconvenient but it works. However for me is this method useless. Image and dynamic data are saved into flash memory separately, so there need to be empty bytes in image area, where I must store dynamic data. In my case there is usually the template of dynamic data in this area.
      The second method -automated control package- I could not try, because I do not have a paid edition yet.
      You surely know the FlashRunner device. There is possible to overwrite temporarily several hundred bytes directly in the binary file. My question is whether is similar function at Cyclone.

Best regards
      Petr

• Greetings,

Serial utility was not built for dynamic data. It was designed for users who want to write serial numbers, usually with a pattern.

You will find that our cyclone automated control package (CACP) is much more powerful than simply temporarily overwriting binary files. Being able to load and execute standalone images remotely, and run multiple cyclones simultaneously, and the ability to write dynamic data to each individual device is only a few of the features of a powerful solution when trying to automate your production line.

Clearly the serial utility is not for you but the CACP is your solution.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you Takao,

let me question from another field. It is still theoretical question.
      What to do as a customer, when some new microcontroller (NXP-Freescale)
      is not yet supported? Is support creation associated with some fees?

Thanks.
      Petr

• Greetings,

When a chip is not supported and you believe we should support it, then let us know here on the forums, or create a support ticket by going to Support page -> Support requests. We will look into it.

If you have a cyclone, then the new device support will be to get the latest software and firmware. For the first few years of purchasing a cyclone, you will receive free software and firmware.

If you have a multilink, then you need to get the latest software. Software upgrades for like PROG and ICD may not be free.

Our software upgrade policy is that you get free software upgrades within a year of purchase, and 50% discount within 2 years. After 2 years, then you need to pay the full price of the software.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement