Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
How to connect the freescale K20 series with PC
. Jul 20, 2016 at 06:42 AM (06:42 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I'm using the board which has MK20DX128VFM5.

And I want to access this chip in bootloader mode using multilink SWD connector.

But I cannot enter the bootloader although I already pressed the reset button and connected the cable.

Are there any other ways to connect this board into bootloader?

Comments

• Greetings,

I am confused, are you wanting to enter bootloader mode for openSDA or OSBDM? Or are you trying to enter debug mode on the chip? The pressing of the reset button does not put the chip in bootloader mode. That simply resets the chip. You need to program in your own bootloader code and design it so that if you press the reset button the chip is in bootloader mode.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry that I missed some details. I want to enter bootloader mode for openSDA.

I'm using

IDE - Kinetis Design Studio 3 IDE
      Target - MK20DX128VFM5
      Target board - Board developed by us
      Connections - Power is provided by usb cable.

I want to update the binary file into the MK20DX128VFM5 but it's not easy for me because I'm not used to use kind of these things. Target board is not connected to PC through usb cable.

Are there any examples that I can refer?

Thanks for your help.

• Greetings,

You must use the USB cable from the PC to enter bootloader mode for openSDA. You cannot use a multilink to update the firmware on the openSDA. Only in-house or manufacturing has the ability to do so. You must follow the instructions we have provided to update the bootloader by holding down the RESET button and connecting the USB connector.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I understand what you mean. It was really helpful! thanks.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement