Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Using the Cyclone for ARM at the In-Circuit Platform
. Jul 19, 2016 at 04:35 AM (04:35 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hi,

I am exploring the possibility to install the Cyclone for ARM at the Keysight 3070 In-Circuit Test Solution. Please share with me if you have experience with this.

Does the Cyclone programmer support the command line function?

Can the external script get the programming result from the Cyclone programmer ?

Thanks
    Eugene

Comments

• Hi Eugene,

What microcontroller are you working with?

The Cyclone for ARM supports ARM Cortex devices from NXP, Atmel, Cypress, Infineon, Maxim, Silicon Labs, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, and Toshiba We are also adding new vendors continuously.

The Cyclone can be configured with programming images for several target devices. Once it is configured, the operator can select the image using the touch screen or by sending a command from a host PC. Commands may be sent by a DLL or script and the result will be returned.

-Johnny
      P&E

• Hi Johnny,

My UUT is using the NXP LPC11C22FBD48.

Does the Cyclone for ARM support the command line function?

From the in-circuit testplan, i will execute the command to trigger the Cyclone to start the programming. After the Cyclone programmer completed the programming, the in-circuit test will take over the control and will analyse the test result return by the programmer.
    Does the Cyclone software support what i plan to execute?

Does the programmer return the programming status ,in text format or a bit form ?

Thanks
    Eugene

• Hi Eugene,

Yes the Cyclone for ARM has command line support if you purchase the Automated Control Package. It will be able to return programming status and results to your test PC.

How many different firmwares do you think you will need to program? The Cyclone for ARM can store up to 8 different images in its internal memory.

Do you need to program any dynamic data like serial numbers or MAC addresses?

What operating system is your test PC running?

Regards,
      Johnny
      PEmicro Engineering Support

• Hi Johnny,

Only One file will be programmed and there is not dynamic data programming required.

We run at Windows 7 OS.

Thanks
    Eugene

• Hi Eugene,

Then all your need is the Cyclone for ARM + Automated Control Package Professional Edition.

-Johnny
      P&E

• Hi Johnny,

Thank you,
        Eugene

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement