Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Application Error Not enough storage is available to process this command
Natalie M. Jun 29, 2016 at 11:52 AM (11:52 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am getting the following error code and don't know how to fix:

Exception EReadError in module cprog12z.exe at 00021133.
    Error reading ColorGrid1.BackgroundIndex: System Error. Code 8.
    Not enough storage is available to process this command.

I am using a multilink and the newest software available. We are getting this error quite frequently and it is slowing down our process considerably. Please help.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Greetings,

Could you specify which version of CPROG you are using?

What happens if you use the PROG software instead of CPROG? Does this cause errors as well?

Has this setup worked in the past and only caused by the new software? or did you make any hardware or firmware changes?

Takao Yamada

• PROG12Z is what we are using.  Not sure if we use the PROG what will happen but need the CPROG for how we access it with our LabVIEW program.  This setup has worked great for years.  Within the last couple of months we started getting this error and were advised to upgrade to the latest software and hardware for our P&E multilink so we have the Universal (blue) multilink and the latest software, the issue is continuing and possibly getting worse.  We also use the PROGHCS08 software as well but the error code I currently saw was using the first mentioned software.
    The error is coming up enough to be a problem but not every time the program is run.

• Greetings,

An error about storage is mentioned. Is your disk full? Is the software and the CFG and S19 files in the same disk? Is the software ran off a server?

Takao Yaamda

• The software is all located on our C: drive where the software is automatically loaded when installing the P&E software.

• Greetings,

Another question that may sound random is are you running any anti-virus scanners? If so, try disabling it for the time being and see if it resolves your issue. I did some online searching for the error "Not enough server storage is available to process this command" and it seems to me that virus scanners use up a lot of resources that causes issues when accessing shared folders or files over a network.

I do not believe this issue is actually software related, but something on your computer is causing this issue as this error is not coming from P&E. This is the first time I have ever heard of this and you may also want to do some online research on this error.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• I am working with IT on this, but the error code only comes up randomly so I have to wait until we get it again.  I will update once we get a solution

• I have worked with IT and still having issues, wondering if you can help since IT hasn't been able to see anything with their monitoring of the computers that shows anything besides the cproghsc08.exe.  Here is the faults that he sees monitoring the computers:
    Faulting application name: cproghcs08.exe, version: 5.74.0.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23403, time stamp: 0x56f583e9
    Exception code: 0x0eedfade
    Fault offset: 0x0000845d
    Faulting process id: 0x1e44c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fd40bef96900
    Faulting application path: C:\pemicro\PROGHCS08\cproghcs08.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: fd9bf4f7-6933-11e6-820e-d4bed9a0130b

• Greetings,

Find CPROGHCS08.exe and right-click -> properties -> Compatability. Here you should set the "run this program as an administrator" and then see if you run into this problem again.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to resolve this issue?

Takao Yamada

• I was not able to get this to work with our CPROGHCS12Z software, is there a different process that I will need to do for this?  I get error code 16 back when I try to run as an administrator and not sure if I need to do anything different or if you can help me trouble shoot this as well? 
    Thank you!

• It did work to my knowledge for the CPROGHCS08

• Greetings,

For CPROG12Z (please call it by the right name to prevent confusion), did you first try using PROG12Z to confirm everything works before trying to automate the flash programming? You should try to debug the problem in PROG and only when things are working should you proceed to CPROG.

If you read CPROG12Z user guide, you can find all of the error codes. You can find out what error 16 means and see where you went wrong. Looks to me a pathing issue to your binary file.

Takao Yamada

• Let me recap the issue and see if this helps:
    We are getting an out of memory error
    The suggestion was to run the product as an administrator
    It works for the CPROGHCS08 and has been running well for a few weeks
    I tried the same fix for the CPROG12Z to resolve the issue with the out of memory error. On one computer I immediately wasn't able to use the same program we always have because I would get error code 16 (Specified S record file not found). My program works if I don't try and run it as administrator. The other computer I tried this on (also running CPROG12Z) didn't give us this error until later after the computer restarted (12 hours later). Same error code. It worked fine as long as I don't run it as an administrator.

So what I would like to know is a solution for the out of memory error that randomly comes up and how to fix it. We have the latest software and the Universal Multilink and run Windows 7 and need a solution for both the CPROG12Z and CPROGHCS08

Thank you

• I am finding another issue that may or may not be related.  I use a .glo file to program the micro, using either the PROG or CPROG software.  I did what you asked above and tried doing it in the PROG software but was not able to select a .go file, only a .s19 file.  Is there something with this newer software that does not let you select a .glo file?

• Greetings,

When you are prompted to select your GLO file, type into the field *.glo

If you do that, all the GLO files will be filtered out.

The next version of PROG12Z that we release will have the fix to display the GLO files.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

1) If you close Labview and if you execute both/either CPROG, do you see this problem?

2) If you open task manager and check performance, are you maxing out your RAM usage? How big is your RAM?

The reason why I ask this is because you mentioned in the past that this used to not be a problem, that only now you are seeing it getting worse and worse. It indicates something else is going on.

This out of memory error is not a P&E error, if I am correct, but a Windows error telling you that you are running out of physical memory space. Have you looked into virtual memory space and see if that resolves your problem?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• IT is supposed to try and get me some additional RAM to see if this helps, I will update you when this happens, thanks!!

• Greetings,

Has increasing the RAM helped resolve this problem?

Takao Yamada

• I know it has been awhile, so the frequency is less but we got the error again this weekend.  We replaced this computer with one that has more memory a few months ago.  Is there any other fixes?  Specifically the error we got this weekend read:
    Exception EReadError in module cproghcs08.exe at 000211EF. Error reading Memo1.Lines.Strings: System Error. Code: 8. Not enough storage is available to process this command.
    Thank you

• Greetings,

This error you are getting is a Microsoft Windows error.

If RAM did not completely resolve this problem, then how much space do you have left in your hard drive? If you are using a virtual machine you should check if your virtual drive is full.

Takao Yamada

• For physical memory under Windows Task Manager:
    Total: 8113
    Cached: 3097
    Available: 3039
    Free: 33

Is this what you are asking about?

• Greetings,

No, just go to "My Computer" and look at your C drive, or wherever your software is installed. Look at how much space is left in your drive.

Takao Yamada

• We have over 200GB of space on the local C drive of storage available

• Greetings,

We are currently investigating this issue and we may have found the issue. It is now a matter of finding the solution and testing it out before distributing it.

Thank you for your patience on this. This is an issue with the combination of our software on Microsoft Windows for users who open and close the software often, like CPROG software users. If you restart your computer when you get this problem, the problem will go away temporarily if that is a workaround you need until this issue is fixed.

Takao Yamada

• Do you happen to know an estimate time of when this would have a solution and how I would get the distribution of the solution?
    Thanks!

• Greetings,

This problem affects almost all of our software and lots of development and testing is necessary to release a new version of software.

So my answer to your question is that it is not a quick fix. This will take probably a few months. But I will try to expedite the CPROG12 and CPROGHCS08 software.

Could you go to Support page -> Support requests and create a ticket for me? In the ticket please mention order and license information of this software there. DO NOT disclose this information here on the public forum, unless you want people stealing your license.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement