Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
FreeRTOS debug awareness
Ludek D. Jun 28, 2016 at 09:39 AM (09:39 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• Hello, I am using NXP KDS3.2.0 environment with PEMicro Multilink FX debug probe. My new project uses FreeRTOS 9.0.0 and I am wodering if your GDB Server might provide some thread awareness under this RTOS?
    When I asked at NXP forum they recommended competitor's product:
    https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/06/13/adding-freertos-thread-awareness-to-gdb-and-eclipse/

Comments

• Ludek,

We are currently working on several new features for KDS. One of these is FreeRTOS kernel awareness. We expect it to be available this summer.

Regards,

Kevin

• Hello Kevin,

very glad to hear that. I am looking forward to use your tools. I hope my current Multilink FX would be sufficient for that job.

Regards,

Ludek

• Do you have an update on when PE Micro might get thread awareness for FreeRTOS in KDS?

• David,

I spoke to our engineering team and we are pretty close to release of the FreeRTOS support. It was put on hold a bit to release our macOS support. We have a release date of November 30, but it will likely happen before then.

Regards,

Kevin

• Thank you. That is great news.

• Is their a new release date for this support?

• Dave,

We are still working on the release. There are quite a few FreeRTOS variants and build options we are still checking. Are you interested in working with a beta version? I would probably just need to know the version you are working with and a few build conditionals so we can make sure that we have tested your usage case. Otherwise, we will launch by the end of the year. I saw a demonstration of the FreeRTOS debug and it was working well.

Kevin

• I would be interested. We are using FreeRTOS V9.0.0 port for Cortex M0 with the GCC compiler from http://www.freertos.org. We have not made any modification to it.

What other information do you need?

• David,

I will connect with you via email.

Kevin

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement