Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cosmic Compiler v8.2.2 (HC08/HCS08) elf debugging
Michael F. Jun 27, 2016 at 03:14 PM (15:14 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am migrating a design from HC08 to HCS08 processors, and am on a tight budget at the moment.   My previous compiler setup (Cosmic V8.2.2) for code&debug on the HC08) (MON08 based) will also generate .elf and binary output files for  the HCS08 controllers.  I have a new USB MultiLink Universal to BKGDN debug the HCS08 devices, but Cosmic wants >$1K for the HCS08 capable debugger.   If I can reliably debug in C source with loading the Cosmic's .elf file and a map file with your S08 software development package I may go that route.   At present I need to use the Cosmic compiler on the front end as that has been qualified for the product/platform application.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
    -Mike

Comments

• Greetings,

If you already have the ELF file, then you do not need the entire software development for the S08. It would be cheaper to just buy the flash programming (PROGHCS08) and debugging software (ICDHCS08) separately.

PROGHCS08:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27

ICDHCS08:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=26

Takao Yamada

• Thank you, Takao.

We will definitely be purchasing PROGHCS08 software for production use. I wasn't certain if I needed the who SW development package to have the full C source debug capability or not. Your suggestions do save some money, thanks!

Mike

• Note, our license agreement is single-user, single seat; meaning one person's name owns the license and although it can be installed on multiple computers, the user cannot use the software simultaneously on those computers.

So if you are using the software for production, then you may run into licensing problems if you install on multiple computers with just one license.

• Thank you Takao.    This is understood.   We will be buying another Universal Multink cable and PROGHCS08 software explicitly for production use, separately from whatever I may buy for development use.

Mike

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement