Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
ICDPPCNEXUS and MPC5777C
Andrew D. Jun 27, 2016 at 02:32 AM (02:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Can we use ICDPPCNEXUS on MPC5777C with our existing USB-ML-PPCNEXUS hardware?

Is there any performance difference between USB-ML-PPCNEXUS and USB-ML-UNIVERSAL?

Comments

• Greetings,

Yes, ICDPPCNEXUS will be a pretty reliable debugging option for MPC5777C. The only feature that I think we lack is support for uncensoring the chip. My colleague who works on this product is currently on vacation. When he returns, I will ask him if this is still the case.

The performance between the USB-ML-PPCNEXUS and USB-ML-UNIVERSAL will be similar. The USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX runs at a much higher speed and is where you will really see a difference especially on devices like yours with large flash sizes.

Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E

• Thanks Johnny,

In a separate post from November 7, 2014 Takao Yamada stated: "We are in alpha development on getting a GDB debugger for Freescale's Qorivva chip... The estimate time of release is end of Q2 of next year."

We would _really_ like to use GDB with 5777C, is there any update on this? I noticed you now have GDB support available for ARM but can't find anything for PPC.

Regards,

Andrew

• Greetings,

You need to download S32 E200, not S32 ARM. Very different products. Please check the NXP website for the latest download of S32 E200 and everything will work with MPC5777C with any hardware we sell and support Qorivva.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you,

I don't think the PPC version was there when I looked a few weeks ago hence the question. It looks like it was added 16 July 2016.

Regards,

Andrew

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement