Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Blue LED fault of USB Multilink Universal
Steve Z. Jun 19, 2016 at 10:30 PM (22:30 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• USB Multilink Universal, Rev. C worked with CodeWarrior 10.6.

When I plug the device to my PC, the bule LED lights up for a while and automatically goes out gradually. The hardware is not detected by CW.

ps:
    1. This device was working normally before, and just be stored for 2 weeks.
    2. When unpluged and repluged, the bleu LED's initial brighness level is different, depending on the time between unplug and plug, the longer the brighter.
    3. The yellow LED works normally.

Comments

• Greetings,

The blue LED and most of the internals are powered by the USB port of your computer. Change up the USB ports and see if things improve. Especially if you are using a USB hub that is not externally powered. What could be happening is that if you have too may USB devices on a hub the amperage draw becomes too much and the multilink loses the juice it needs to operate. Other things to try is disconnecting all other USB devices, or change up computers.

Let me know what you find.

Takao Yamada

• The problem is still there, either removing the USB hub(using a stand alone USB port) or changing up computer. I have also tried a USB cable which is normally used on other device, but it doesn't work.

ps: This problem seems having nothing to do with the target side, as the yellow LED works normally.

• Greetings,

It may be that something inside the multilink may have failed. Do you have other P&E hardware interfaces? If so, do they work just fine in the exact same setup?

You may want to look into repairing or replacing that unit by sending it us. If you are interested, please let me know and I can setup an RMA ticket for you before you can ship that to us. If you want me to tell you the cost of repair or replacement I can also quote you as well.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement