Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROGHCS08 v1.79 and Windows 10?
JOHN F. May 12, 2016 at 02:56 PM (14:56 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I just got a new computer with Windows 10 64 bit.  I was running Windows 7 64 bit.  I uninstalled PROGHCS08 on the old computer and reinstalled on the new computer.  No problem with reactivation.

When I open the program, I get the error under Port: "Undetected Connect/Disconnect USB cable, Click Refresh List (FAQ #29)".

I have the latest drivers installed (version 12). What is causing this problem?

Comments

• Hello John F.

PROGHCS08 1.79 may not work on Windows 10 64 bit. According to our release notes, we officially support your OS on Version 5.74 and newer.

PROGHCS08 v5.74.00.00
      8 January 2016
      - Support for ELF/DWARF 3 and 4, and 64-bit ELF
      - Includes WinDriver 12.2 to support Windows 10

Which P&E interface are you using?

-Johnny
      P&E

• I am using USB Multilink Interface Rev. C

• Hi John,

Your hardware interface is supported. Let's make sure that the multilink is being detected by Windows and it is properly enumerated. Do you see Jungo->WinDriver and Jungo->USB Multilink 2.0 in Device Manager? If this is the case, then I think you will likely need to update PROGHCS08 to the latest version.

This is our software upgrade policy:

For all software purchased directly from P&E Micro, the license holder of the software is entitled to cost-free upgrades for a period of 1 year after the purchase date of the software or software update for this product, and upgrades at 50% of the current full price for a period of up to 2 years after the purchase date of the software or software update for this product. After two years, software upgrades are available at the current full price.

Time since purchase of software/upgrade:

- Up to one year: Upgrade is no cost
          - Up to two years: Upgrade is 50% of current full price
          - Two years or more: Upgrade is 100% of current full price

Regards,
          Johnny
          P&E

• Johnny,

The problem was resolved with a different USB cable. Must have been a coincidence moving to another machine. v1.79 does work with Windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks

• Hi John,

That is good to know. Please do keep in mind we may not be able to provide any technical assistance on any future issues since you are using PROGHCS08 1.79 on an unsupported OS.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E Engineering Support

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement