Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
How to boot Freescale MPC5566 from external flash using PEMICRO multilink universal
Venkatraman B. May 5, 2016 at 07:06 AM (07:06 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi all,

I am working with freescale MPC5566 32 bit controller, I want to boot the controller from an external flash ( 32MB Spansion s29jl032j70tfi310 ) instead of 3MB Internal flash, what is the procedure i have to follow? is there any algorithm? i want to download/ erase code into external flash.
    I am currently using CW v 2.9 as IDE to debug and program the controller on windows.and using PE Micro multilink universal USB as a programming tool.

regards,

Venkatraman

Comments

• Greetings,

You would choose a different algorithm when using the PROG for PPCNEXUS software, or within ICD to select a specific algorithm. If you check the latest algorithms on our algo page, you can see all of our external algorithms. You can find the spansion 29JL032J variant in the list. Just find Qorivva MPC5xxx -> Download (External):

http://www.pemicro.com/support/flash_list_menu.cfm

Takao Yamada

• Thank You, I have downloaded it but  am a bit confused how can i give start address etc, for internal flash it takes from address zero can you elaborate the procedure for me?

Regards

Venkatraman

• Greetings,

Some external flash algorithms may prompt you for a base addresses and In most cases the base address is zero. But some cases the customer may want to map their binary to a different address to do some addressing masks because they have multiple external flashes. Usually not the case if you only have one external flash.

For example a user may have it mapped where one external flash has it MUX'd to select addresses with the most significant bit (MSB) as high, while the other external flash takes addresses where the MSB is low. So they may have changed compiler settings to set some data at a different base address.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement