Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
CASM12Z will not compile DECW/TSTW - error 11
Steven P. May 3, 2016 at 11:59 AM (11:59 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am attempting to compile test firmware for a 9S12XET using CASM12Z. I have the directive set to $HCS12 to select the correct family of processors. 

When compiling and it runs into the DECW or TSTW instruction, I get 'error 11 Unrecognized operation'. I am attempting to perform these operations on a RAM location pointed to with a label as such:

label:
    DECW ramlabel ;<- error 11 here
    TSTW ramlabel ;<- error 11 here with DECW commented out

I don't believe the issue is with the label as it compiles earlier with a STD instruction.

What would cause these two instructions to not compile?

Comments

• Greetings,

DECW and TSTW are part of the $HCS12X, not $HCS12. Please change the directive and you should be set.

Takao Yamada

• I changed the directive to the $HCS12X and now I am getting an error 11 on that line that the directive is. Do I potentially have an older version?

• Greetings,

I just sent you a newer version. See if this gets you past error 11.

Takao Yamada

• When I try to run the version of CASM12Z you sent, it will not run. I get the following error:

Exception EReadError in module CASM12Z.exe at 0001C58E.
      Error reading BitBtn1.Kind: Resource BBCANCEL not found.

I have never had this error in the past with the version of CASM12Z that came with PKG12Z.

• Greetings,

Sorry, could you try this other version I have you sent you instead? I made sure it does not crash or exception.

Takao Yamada

• That version worked great. No errors this time. Thank you!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement