Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CASM12Z will not compile DECW/TSTW - error 11
Steven P. May 3, 2016 at 11:59 AM (11:59 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am attempting to compile test firmware for a 9S12XET using CASM12Z. I have the directive set to $HCS12 to select the correct family of processors. 

When compiling and it runs into the DECW or TSTW instruction, I get 'error 11 Unrecognized operation'. I am attempting to perform these operations on a RAM location pointed to with a label as such:

label:
    DECW ramlabel ;<- error 11 here
    TSTW ramlabel ;<- error 11 here with DECW commented out

I don't believe the issue is with the label as it compiles earlier with a STD instruction.

What would cause these two instructions to not compile?

Comments

• Greetings,

DECW and TSTW are part of the $HCS12X, not $HCS12. Please change the directive and you should be set.

Takao Yamada

• I changed the directive to the $HCS12X and now I am getting an error 11 on that line that the directive is. Do I potentially have an older version?

• Greetings,

I just sent you a newer version. See if this gets you past error 11.

Takao Yamada

• When I try to run the version of CASM12Z you sent, it will not run. I get the following error:

Exception EReadError in module CASM12Z.exe at 0001C58E.
      Error reading BitBtn1.Kind: Resource BBCANCEL not found.

I have never had this error in the past with the version of CASM12Z that came with PKG12Z.

• Greetings,

Sorry, could you try this other version I have you sent you instead? I made sure it does not crash or exception.

Takao Yamada

• That version worked great. No errors this time. Thank you!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement