Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
No reset or go after read out protection set
HaJo v. Apr 7, 2016 at 11:46 AM (11:46 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi !

This is the same problem I had on freescale MCUs with USB Multilink, now with STM32.

Is there a workaround for this? My application is externally powered. I could change that to Cyclone power.
    What do I need to do? Application starts after power off and on of course.
    Is there a command for power on or off instead of reset or go?
    I could try using 2 images with different power settings (power down after ROP set, then power on but do nothing?).

Best regards,
    HaJo

Comments

• Greetings,

Which cyclone are you using?

There is a little known setting you can find inside the menu of the cyclone. Click on the "Menu" button -> configure cyclone -> Set AUX Button Func -> Toggle Power NO DBG. What this does is you can now press on the "AUX" button and it will power on and power off the target via the cyclone. Since it is "NO DBG" it will only toggle power and not attempt to enter debug mode.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

thank you for your fast reply.

Presently I use Cyclone for ARM, but I also have Cyclone for STM. I will test the AUX function with STM.
    Any chance for Cyclone ARM?

HaJo

• Greetings,

All of our cyclones that can provide power to target should have this ability. Therefore only the Cyclone Max does not have this ability because it is the only cyclone without power options.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Cyclone for ARM Rev. C does not have this functionality (yet).
    So I will stick to STMicro with AUX button first. This works fine!

Is this also directly possible via a command line tool? Perhaps with different SAP images containing only power off and on? I think I only need another SAP image with power on. I will give it a try.

Please update the firmware of ARM rev. C for this. There is enough space for an AUX-button on the touch screen...

Best regards,
    HaJo

• Greetings,

I did not realize you had the new cyclone for arm rev C. The Rev B and A has the option. Yes, we are currently adding more and more features into the next generation cyclones and the AUX feature is one of the important features we hope to put in hopefully soon.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

I found the feature in the menu but it is not an AUX button. If you go to Cyclone screen Menu -> Current Image Functions -> Execute Specific SAP Function -> Toggle Power, let device Run. This is the same as the Toggle Power NO DBG. It just is not conveniently configurable into an AUX button right now.

We have had discussions of an AUX button however it is still in the planning phase and has not been in development. I have no date to tell you on when this will be completed. But I will do my best to escalate the need of this feature to the development team.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement