Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
External 68K debuggers with Multilink Universal FX?
Bill N. Apr 4, 2016 at 11:30 AM (11:30 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• We're using Multilink Universal FX with 68332 and require a debugger with a full-featured scripting language to support automated test scripts.

ICD32Z doesn't provide features such as local debugger variables, IF, printf, etc.

Are there other external debuggers that can be used to control the probe?

Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

We have the UNIT library routines that allows you to interface with a DLL using C/C++ that people use to load RAM and change registers. See if this is what you are looking for.

UNIT32Z:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=92

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for the reply.  What we're looking for is an already-existing debugger with scripting support that will talk with the probe, not to write one ourselves.

Do you know of any?

Thanks

• Greetings,

Within ICD you could have a macro run. Within ICD type into the console "macro". You can then select a macro you have created. The macro would consist of ICD commands, which you can find in the help file (.HLP). This can help you set breakpoints, add variables to the window, and run.

Takao Yamada

• ICD32Z doesn't provide features such as local debugger variables, IF, printf, etc.

Are there other external debuggers that can be used to control the probe?

• Greetings,

No, not that we sell or support. Your best bet is using UNIT library DLLs as I mentioned earlier.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks, but that's the point.  I'm not asking for a product you sell or support, but for an external debugger that works with your probe.  As I said in the original email, ICD32Z probably won't work for us.

We have to get about a dozen seats and were hoping to use your probes due to the lower cost, but I guess we'll have to check out something like Lauterbach's CPU32 BDM debugger.

Thanks again for your time.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement