Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Problem with SAP file
Jack A. Mar 30, 2016 at 04:50 PM (16:50 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have a problem with SAP files. I have done this dozens of times and it’s possible I’m just doing something stupid. But I get an error 00A when I try to program the SAP file I created. 

Using CF 5213 x 256
    I pulled the memory image using the programmer to create an s19
    Use the image creation utility to create an SAP…Says OK”
    Use the image creation utility to put in Cyclone Max …says OK
    Press “start” get the error.
    I tried loading it with the image management utility same thing.
    Assumed the S19 was bad, but I can use the programming utility to download the s19 into the device an works perfectly

Cheers
       Jack

Comments

• Greetings,

With ColdFire devices you should look into lowering the debug shift frequency. Within the image creation utility, you should see this option and try the slowest option (option 31). See if this works. If it does, then start increasing this speed until you have a fast yet reliable flash programming to your device. The shift speed you used in PROG CFZ should be similar to what you use in the SAP image.

Takao Yamada

• Yes that seems to have solved the problem. I didn't change the setting (that I know) But the important thing was the incredible speed at which you solved the problem 
    Cheers
    Jack

• Greetings,

I am glad that solved the problem. I knew it was a setting or command issue since you mentioned it worked fine in PROGCFZ.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement