Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Location of SAP_Convert_Utility
Mark R. Mar 16, 2016 at 04:46 PM (16:46 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I just received my new Cyclone FX and it states that I must convert older SAP files that were made for the MAX & PRO in order to use it on the FX model. It tells me to run a command line program called SAP_Convert_Utility which is supposed to be in the same folder as the Cyclone’s software install path. 

Does this install path refer to the temporary director used to install the software or the main location of the Cyclone FX programs? For I can not locate any file caled that. And f I run it under C:\PEMicro\cyclone_universal I get an error telling me that command is not recognized.

Can I down load this file from your web site somewhere?

Comments

• Greetings,

When did you download the software for the cyclone universal FX? I updated it just yesterday to include the utility. The utility should exist inside the C:\pemicro\cyclone_universal\ directory. It should be called SAP_Convert_utility.exe.

Takao Yamada

• Oh OK, I downloaded two days ago. So thanks for the heads up. Now do I need to uninstall the previous software before I try to update it?

• Greetings,

When you install new software, it will detect that old software is found and prompt you if you wish to uninstall the previous version. I would do it. Always best to use the latest and greatest software.

Takao Yamada

• OK it looks like there is a conversion program now, but it is named sap_convert_console and not SAP_Convert_Utility as the user manual states.

Thank you very much for your support. It is greatly appreciated.

• Greetings,

Thank you for that correction. I will have it fixed.

Takao Yamada

• I am having trouble understanding how to use the SAP_Convert_Console utility. I am new to programming and have a few old SAP files to convert in order to use them with the Universal FX. When i click on the converter utility file in c:\pemicro\cyclone_universal\  the windows command prompt window pops up for a split second and nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a video or step by step instructions for a beginner?

• Greetings,

Firstly, open the cyclone user manual and read the half-page explanation of the utility on chapter 13. There you will quickly learn how this all works. Double clicking on the utility will do nothing. That is expected behavior because you need to use a command prompt (cmd).

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement