Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
program boards in sequence with PROGPPCNEXUS
Christophe P. Mar 4, 2016 at 12:06 PM (12:06 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

We want to program boards in sequence with PROGPPCNEXUS in command line and a Multilink-FX.
    The first board is programmed succesfully, but to program the next one we have to unplug/replug our Multilink-FX from USB port.
    Is there a way to reinit the connection in order to avoid manual actions on the USB cable ?

Regards,

Christophe

Comments

• Greetings,

My question is are these 2 boards connected by daisy chain? If so, we currently do not have that support.

You should not have to unplug/replug the USB port to get this working. After you run CPROG with the multilink, when it closes you can simply disconnect the 14-pin ribbon cable and connect to your next board. Then call CPROG again and continue your programming. Have you tried this?

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

The boards are not in daisy chain, we put one board on the testbench, program it, test it and then remove it before to place another one.
    There is some relay commutating on the testbench. Is it possible that some voltage drops on the 5V can modify the debugger's state ?
    Is there a command to ensure the reinitialisation of the debugger before to start the programming process ?

Christophe

• Greetings,

Give me the list of commands you are currently running so I can give you better recommendations. Both the CFG file and batch file information you are calling would be ideal. Just paste the contents here.

When you say voltage drops on the 5V, I am assuming the TVCC or VDD signal. Are you providing power via the multilink, or external power? If external, are you powering off the board before disconnect from the multilink? If you could detail me exactly how you power on and off the board that would help me understand the order of operations you are doing.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

I need an update on this.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

Sorry for the delay.
    By modifying the POWER parameters in the CFG file (see below) it works now.
    Thanks for your help.

Christophe

:PROVIDEPOWER 0
    :POWEROFFONEXIT 0
    :POWERDOWNDELAY 250
    :POWERUPDELAY 1000
    RE ;Reset the MCU
    CM .\Freescale_MPC5604b_Cflash_Dflash.pcp 0 ;Enable MPC5604 Main Array at address 0
    EM ;Erase the module
    BM ;Blank Check the module
    SS .\sortie.hex ;Specify the S19 to use
    PM ;Program the module with the S19
    VM ;Verify the module again
    RE ;Reset the MCU
    GO ;Start Device Running
    QU         ;Quit

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement