Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROGPPCNEXUS: Can't connect to target MPC5604E again after successful programming
Christian F. Feb 22, 2016 at 09:34 AM (09:34 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello.

I have an issue connecting to the target MPC5604E after successful programming.

When the target is empty or erased the connect is working properly.
    Also erase, program and verify are OK.
    After that procedure it's no longer possible to connect to the target.
    (PROGPPCNEXUS is showing and connect error)

The following algorithms were used:
    Freescale_MPC5604E_1x32x16k_DFlash.PCP
    Freescale_MPC5604E_1x32x128k_CFlash.PCP

What could be the reason for the connect problem?

Regards,
    Christian

Comments

• Greetings,

Try lowering the debug shift frequency option. Usually the first thing to always try when communication is failing.

Other things to try is adding a 200ms reset delay. After programming the chip you may have changed the watchdog settings and taking longer than expected to reset the chip.

Takao Yamada

• Hello.

I tried both things, but the connect is still not working.

Could it be that with the programming there's a protection flag set that's not reset by the Multilink Universal FX while connecting?

Regards,
    Christian

• Greetings,

Even if you made changes to the flash protection bits, then there could be issues with erasing and programming, but you should still be able to connect to the chip and load an algorithm (into RAM). I am assuming you did not make changes in the shadow block, which would involve another algorithm that you did not list that you were using.

One thing can be happen is if you changed an IO pin that shared a pin configuration with the JTAG signals, like TDI, TDO, TCK, etc. Check your chip's pin outs and check your code to see if you may have accidentally disabled a pin.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Were you able to resolve this issue?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement