Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Does Cyclone for STM support SPC58EC80?
aaron l. Feb 9, 2016 at 07:03 AM (07:03 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi 
    Does Cyclone for STM support SPC58EC80? Which is a 4M flash dual core PowerPC MCU from STM. My customers here in Australia wants to a few sets of it if it supports this mentioned device.

Please respond fast and tell me which options should he buy and how much is it.

Thanks
    Aaron

Comments

• Greetings,

I am not aware of the SPC58EC80. I know of the SPC58EG84 and NE84. All the other devices we support are SPC57xxx. Here is a list of devices we support for SPC POWERPC:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/flash_algorithm/FlashAlgorithms_Internal_ST_SPC56P.cfm

I tried to do some searching online and could not find the part number you have mentioned. Could you double check this?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Recently I did get a new board and chips from STMicro and surprise it is indeed the SPC58EC80. It is very new that it is not even on STMicro website. I will need a couple weeks to add the support into the software and firmware for this. I also may need to ask questions to STMicro for any information missing in their reference manuals.

When the support is complete, it should be supported in any products we mention ST SPC, including the cyclone for ST:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320142

Cost starts at $799 and includes all software you need to support the device after I have implemented the changes. There are other hardware and software support as well, but I need more information as to if you are doing production programming, prototyping/development stage, cheaper solutions, etc.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Could you go to Support page-> Support requests to create a ticket about this and I will pick it up. That way I can send you the latest software and firmware and other suggestions related to this topic.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement