Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
KDS 3.1.0/KL02/Multilink Universal Issue
Brian P. Feb 4, 2016 at 11:00 AM (11:00 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I am using KDS 3.1.0 with the P&E Multilink Universal for Kinetis KL02 and KL03 uC targets. I constantly get an error when attempting to launch a debug session. 

This error appears after the P&E Connection Assistant prompts me to attempt a couple of retries.

Error in final launch sequence
    Failed to execute MI command:
    -target-select remote localhost:7224

Error message from debugger back end:
    Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.
    Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.

Can duplicate this error on my prototype boards as well as a development board. I have read some fixes in this forum like using a slower shift key frequency. I tried this with no success. I am also using the standard cable provided with the P&E Multilink.

Need input please...

Many thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Brian,

I'm very sorry for the delay in our response. I have a few questions so I can get a better understanding of your setup.

1. Which P&E Multilink Universal Revision are you using (A,B,C)?

2. Do you have any Kinetis Freedom or Tower development boards to test?

3. Can you try to launch a debug session off a new project with minimal code that is created through the Project Wizard in KDS?

I have seen some strange behavior with KDS caused by zombie processes that made KDS think the P&E Multilink was attached to another debug session. Check your task manager and check if there are multiple pegdbserver_console.exe processes. If there are, restart your PC.

Please see this helpful guide from a NXP application engineer for some other helpful troubleshooting tips.
      http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/03/debugging-failure-check-list-and-hints/

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E Engineering Support

• Hi Brian,

I hope I was able to help you resolve your issue. Let me know if it wasn't resolved or if you have any other questions.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement