Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB-ML-PPCBDM + PKGPPCBDM-USB on Windows 7 32-bit Stop Working
Charles W. Feb 3, 2016 at 02:54 PM (14:54 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have a USB-ML-PPCBDM and the software package PKGPPCBDM-USB is installed on a 32-bit Windows 7 machine. The setup has been working until now. I have reinstalled the software but to no avail.

When the BDM is plugged into the USB port, the OS recognizes it as "USB Multilink 2.0" (I thought it was something else before), but the programmer PROGPPCZ cannot detect it.

Any thought?

Comments

• Greetings,

When you said the setup worked until now, did you mean it used to work on 32bit Windows 7? Or you had it working on an older operating systems like XP 32? Because that would make more sense.

The issue may be that your software is too old. Before year 2010, all software were built using 32-bit libraries and no support for newer operating systems. Starting year 2010, all of our software can support 64-bit and Windows 7 operating systems. You should check your PROG and ICD EXE's and find out the last modified date. If it is before year 2010, then you will need to purchase an upgrade to your software for it to work in the latest operating systems. This is not a hardware or firmware or driver issue.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, it has been working on 32-bit Windows 7. Sounds like I was just lucky for a while. Indeed the software is very old. I used to keep a 32-bit XP for it until a year ago. I let IT upgraded that machine after I verified it working on Win7-32bit.

I just need to program a MPC555. Would a new version of PROGPPCZ be all I need? Would this software also support USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX that I also have?

• Greetings,

A new version of software will work on all Windows operating systems and it will support the newer hardware like the USB-ML-Universal FX. I bet the new hardware did not work on your old software. You needed at least version 5.13 for it to work with the Universal FX.

If you need only PROG, here is the link to the page:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=121

If you need the whole package for debugging and assembling, here is the PKG:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=166

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks! I'll upgrade the software.

By the way, I use USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX for an MPC56XX. I have ICDPPCNEXUS for that. Can both pieces of software (ICDPPCNEXUS and PROGPPCZ) be used on the same computer?

• Greetings,

ICD PPCNEXUS and PROG PPCZ are separate software for two different chip architectures. There are no issues with having multiple P&E software on a computer. There is no overlap.

Takao Yamada

• One last question: Does ICDPPCZ include PROGPPCZ?

I bought ICDPPCNEXUS, and PROGPPCNEXUS was included.

Thanks!

• Greetings,

ICDPPCNEXUS is the only software we sell that includes both ICD and PROG.

If you bought PKG PPCZ, that includes ICD, PROG, and WINIDE.

Otherwise, you will need to buy them separately.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement