Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
ICD32Z & ICD16Z Debugger not supporting
Ashpak M. Feb 2, 2016 at 08:28 AM (08:28 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello there,
    I have ICD16Z and ICD32Z installed on my PC and I am not able to debugger since my laptop is upgraded with windows 7.

Let me know do I need to purchase new debugger or with current debugger kit I can just update my software.

Comments

• Greetings,

Our software upgrade policy is you get free updates within a year of purchase. Within 2 years you can get a 50% discount on upgrades. If you believe you are entitled to a discount, please create a support ticket and let me know of the order/invoice number of your software purchase. (DO NOT put any invoice or order number within a forum thread).

Otherwise, you will have to purchase a new license:
    ICD16Z:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=67

ICD32Z:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=89

The reason why your software may not work in Windows 7 and 64-bit machines is because the software you have is too old. If the software was built before year 2010, then it will not have the support for modern operating systems. Just up to XP 32bit machines. Check your ICD16Z.exe and ICD32Z.exe and check the last modified date which will tell you when the software was built.

Takao Yamada

• Hey Takao Yamada, 
      Greetings, and thanks for the the quick reply,
      Let me tell you something before I proceed,

I am working with Baker Hughes and we have bunch of old debugger kits (Blue one), they were purchased long back in 2008 - 2009 and was working fine till 2013, since we have updated to windos 7 on our laptops, it was not not wotking.

So can I use same debugger with new software which I will have to download from above link or I need to order new Debugger ?

Thanks and regards,

Ashfaq

• Greetings,

Good question. The problem is within software, not hardware or firmware. You should have no issues continue using the older debugger multilinks. You just need to update the software. You can test this by just purchasing one new license and confirming my claim that it will work.

The new software has support for the new drivers and requirements that Microsoft has put into their operating systems. Without this update, the old software does not have the required libraries to function.

Takao Yamada

• Great,
      How do I proceed to purchase then, I can order one license.
      I am based in Oman and I didn,t know PE micro will be having business contract with Baker or something ?
      just let me know what is the cost of license and with Baker hughes still it would be required to pay for the updates in future, because with older software I naver get updated and never paid any thing in 5 years.

Regards,
      Ashfaq

• Greetings,

We do have a business contract with Baker Hughes. Please create a support ticket by going to Support page -> Support requests. Then we can discuss further about this situation.

Takao Yamada

• Yes I have created support tickets 

23314 and 23314

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement