Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Questiion about Cyclone Pro security feature?
c c. Feb 1, 2016 at 09:32 PM (21:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Dear sir,

https://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=1

Which Cyclone Should I Choose?
    Security features ITEM
    1.Cyclone universal (FX) has Internal memory protection & encryption function.
    Cyclone Pro does not have this function.

It means I can not set security code after I use cyclone pro to program MCU( 9S12X). Is it correct?

2. It is about pro_set_active_security_code Command.
    It is in Cyclone Automated Control Package Manual.pdf
    It is in 4.4.7 pro_set_active_security_code.
    It is in page 31 of PDF file.
    Does the pro_set_active_security_code Command support Cyclone Pro to set Sercurity code ?

B.R.
    Charles

Comments

• Dear Sir,

Add information.

My Questions is about How to turn on Lock (Security features) with Cyclone Pro.

_

B.R.
    Charles

• Greetings,

You are confused between securing the chip versus security features within the cyclone.

The cyclone pro can secure the chip. But it does not encryption features that the cyclone universal FX will have. Just use the "secure device" command in PROG or when creating a new image for the cyclone.

Takao Yamada

• Dear Sir,

Do not let other people to read chip data.
    What is the function?

secure the chip ? or encryption features ?

I want other people only updata MCU data(EEPROM , Flash), but can not read back the MCU data.
    How to do it ?

B.R.
    Charles

• Greetings,

Ignore encryption. This is only a security between the computer and what is stored in the cyclone. What you are worried about is on the MCU. So the only thing we should be talking about is securing the chip.

Once the chip is secured, no one will be able to read the data on the chip. If you wanted to unsecure a chip, the flash would be erased so no data can be read out. Therefore, securing the chip must be the LAST thing you do.

Takao Yamada

• Dear Sir,
    Could you tell me how to secure the chip (MCU( 9S12X) )?

Is it setting secure bit/ data in the .s19 file ?

B.R.
    Charles

• Greetings,

There are 2 ways to secure the chip. You can write the security bits in your S19/binary file, or you can use P&E software and utilities and call the "Secure Device" command.

The benefit of using the Secure Device command is that you only want to secure the chip after you have debugged and tested/calibrated your product. If you put the security byte into your S19 file, you immediately secure the chip and not able to test or debug your code. You would have to unsecure the chip and back to having an erased flash.

Takao Yamada

• Dear Sir,
    Thank you a lot.

B.R.
    Charles

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement