Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
debug error using USB multilink universal with freescale (Now NXP) battery controller MM9z1_638
Ahmed F. Jan 29, 2016 at 06:41 AM (06:41 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi everyone!
    Our team is doing development on freescale battery monitoring controllers MM9z1_638 with usb multilink universal as a debugger and programmer. IDE software is codewarrior 10.5 and 10.6. The earlier development boards connects with debugger just fine we are able to program the controller and debug the program as well. We ordered new samples of controller from freescale in a quantity of 10 and we are unable to program and debug them with multilink universal. The logging window show error 14 and says error loading script or something like that. We have been facing this issue for quite a while now anyone body with solution will be appreciated

Regards
    Ahmed Fawad

Comments

• Greetings,

1) With the new samples, my assumption is that the board design is exactly the same. Is this true? Are there any other changes that you have not specified? I just want to know all of the variables in this problem.

2) Which revision Multilink Universal are you using?

3) If you created a new project within CW10.6 for your device, does it connect fine? Is it only your project that has this problem?

Takao Yamada

• You are right the board design is exactly the same.

I have used both revision b and c

Yes all projects whether they are created in CW 10.6 or CW 10.5 problem remains.

• Infact i have downloaded latest programming algorithms from pemicro web site

• Infact i have downloaded latest programming algorithms from pemicro web site. Udpate the multilink firmware of both revisions but error still persists. Older board works just fine. I replaced working controller with new controller on working board it gave error then i replaced back the older controller and it worked just fine

• Greetings,

I think this may be a bad batch of chips. You must contact NXP/Freescale and detail them the part number and mask that is labeled on the chip. Ask if the batch you received is good. It is the only variable that has changed and I think everything from software, P&E hardware, drivers, or firmware would have caused this problem.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement