Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Problems after CYCLONE PRO update
. Jan 25, 2016 at 04:01 AM (04:01 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    I've a series of problems with CYCLONE PRO started after I downloaded new PE software.

Here are the software versions:
    - Cyclone Image Creation Utility Version 5.48.01.00
    - Cyclone Image Management Utility Version 5.48.02.00

PROBLEM #1
    Just after I connected CYCLONE PRO to my PC through USB cable, new firmware download started. The result is that some of SAP images, present on my CYCLONE, doesn't work! Cyclone FW is now v8.65-1.6.
    (error #7004)

PROBLEM #2
    I tried to recreate the SAP images with new software and to transfer them on the CYCLONE but, when I try to open the connection in the "Cyclone Image Management Utility Version", it doesn't work.
    Reported error is "Could not get Cyclone Version".

What can I do? Production process is halted waiting a solution.

Thanks in advance
    Enrico

Comments

• Hi Johnny,
    my previous firmware version was v8.53

Yes, I'm using a compact flash and the firmware images that don't work are stored in external memory!
    If I transfer those images into internal memory (by using a old version of Cyclone Image Management Utility) they work fine.

At the moment, I solved the problem by replacing the CYCLONE firmware with the previous version (v8.53) and using an old versione of Cyclone Image software that I've in another PC.
    Obviously I prefer update the programmer at the new version, as soon as you solve those problems.

Note that new software (Cyclone Image Management Utility Version 5.48.02.00) cannot connect anymore with CYCLONE.

Thanks
    Enrico

• Greetings,

I am the lead on getting this issue resolved. It is known that the compact flash and the image management utility does have a bug right now that prevents loading of new images.

I hope to find a solution very soon and I am working closely with the design team to get this out ASAP. I will update you on any new findings and statuses. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

I was promised a new firmware by end of today. With a few days of testing I am hoping to get a new software and firmware release by end of this week.

Please let me know if you need an immediate solution before then. We have a hotfix but not ideal.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,
    we don't need an immediate solution. We restarted the production process so we haven't any problem to wait some time for a new software.

Please update me when new software is available.

Thanks
    Enrico

• Greetings,

Here is the new cyclone pro firmware and software! Please let me know if it resolves your compact flash issues:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=291

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,
    new firmware seems ok, compact flash works fine but there is still the problem with software.
    When I try to connect the Cyclone to my PC through USB cable, connection fails and "Could not get Cyclone Version" error is reported.
    I tried using my PC with WINDOWS10 OS and another one with WINDOWS VISTA but the problem is the same.

Thanks
    Enrico

• Greetings,

Could you open a support ticket by going to Support page -> support requests and attach any pictures and steps you are doing to replicate this problem. We did not see this problem in testing and I would like to report this to the development team as soon as possible.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

This issue has been resolved for Cyclone Pro and Cyclone Max. Please use the following link to download the latest software and firmware:
    http://www.pemicro.com/support/download_processor.cfm?type=4

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement