Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
MC56F8345 ERA, PRG, BLK error
Zoltan N. Jan 21, 2016 at 02:29 PM (14:29 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi

I trying to program MC56F8345 (Cylone MAX) without success.
    The chip is recognized (but written MC56F8347 on the PROGDSC screen.
    Erase is done, but later says the device is not blank.
    Programming started but never ends. Sometime Module ERASE is also seems in never ending phase. Just running ..running..running...

Cyclone Flash Version :7.91
    ProgDsc version : 5.75.00.00

Do zou have experience in MC56F8345 ? I tried PROGDSC with many different clock freq (1Mhz, 2Mhz, 4Mhz, 10Mhz) on the board the osc is 16Mhz.

( An other sampleboard with same debug connector is using MC56F84567, with these wiring that one is worked immeditaly so I think my wiring are OK)

Could you recommend something , please ?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Greetings,

With an OSC of 16Mhz, it is likely you may need to get a custom algorithm. The symptoms of not being able to erase or program does point to this problem.

Did your MC56F84567 have the same OSC frequency as well?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao Yamada

Yes the other MC56F84567 has also 16Mhz crystal.

Do you think, do I have chance to get algorithm what is fit for this micro, please ?
      (Sample production will start next week, the programming should work. So we are under a little pressure. Cyclone is just arrived and the production should be able to load the bootloader and application.)

If you have other idea, or if you can generate other algorithm what is fit for this environment, I would appreciate .

If you want I can start SR# for this issue and provide more details in email.

Thank you in advance

regards: Zoltán

• Greetings,

Yes you already have a custom algorithm request. Our DSc and algorithm expert is looking into it. However, all algorithm requests takes about 3-5 business days. You will need to tell our DSC expert in the algorithm SR ticket that you are in immediate need of an algorithm.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement