Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
OpenSDA firmware for FRDM and TWR boards
Martin S. Jan 15, 2016 at 04:41 AM (04:41 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• Hello,

I'd like to ask several questions regarding usage of the OpenSDA firmware for FRDM-K64F (OpenSDAv2) and TWR-K65F180M (OpenSDAv2.1 I suppose) boards. Both boards have MBED bootloader. I downloaded firmware package Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2016_01_11.zip but I'm not really sure which app I can use. I'm rather cautious because I don't want to brick my devkits.

1. FRDM-K64F

There are following apps:

DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin
    DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v108a_for_OpenSDA_v2.0.bin
    MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v114.SDA

Can you describe the difference between these images? Can I use them all with MBED bootloader? If not, can the booloader be safely changed to PE OpenSDA bootloader (BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA)?

2. TWR-K65F180M

DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin
    MSD-DEBUG-TWR-K65F180_Pemicro_v118.SDA

The questions are essentialy the same as in the case of FRDM-K64F.

3. There is image named MSD-DEBUG-TWR-PWR_Pemicro_v118.SDA. What is it good for?

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Martin

Comments

• Please, can someone respond to me?

Well, maybe I asked too many questions at once. OK, please tell me one thing:

How does one use 'MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v114.SDA'?

Bootloader refuses to accept it as there is not enough space on the 'BOOTLOADER' virtual drive.

Thank you.

• I got a similar error when I was following a set of instructions that did not truly apply to the TWR board being used. Then the board was stuck in bootloader mode (slowly blinking LED near USB).

Thankfully, NXP keeps the firmware versions of OpenSDA for each board at the following url:
    http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/startertrak-development-boards/opensda-serial-and-debug-adapter:OPENSDA

If you encountered the same issue, select your board from the dropdown list in the above url.

I downloaded the binary for CMSIS-DAP, there. Then pasted the *.bin file into the BOOTLOADER drive. This recovered the debug unit/board.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement