Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Writing Shadow block memory (nexus)
danilo s. Jan 8, 2016 at 10:39 AM (10:39 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi, I'm using MPC5554 from freescale with PROGPPCNEXUS starter, after erasing of shadow memory the PROGPPCNEXUS can't calculate the CRC then it is impossible to write the new shadow memory. How can i write data on shadow memory after a erase?

Comments

• Greetings,

Why does calculating the CRC have anything to do with writing the shadow memory? Are you using the VC command?

Tell me exactly the steps you used to get to this problem.

Note, if you erase the shadow and not program anything, then you are about to brick the chip if you reset the chip.

Takao Yamada

• thanks for the fast reply!
    I only click on erase module (because it says that is demo version and before to flash I have to erase the module). when finish i tryed to flah and it says programming... without ending.
    when i reboot and select the algorithm starts the CRC calculating... without ending.
    if i abort (esc) i can only:
    upload the module (all data are set to 0)
    verify the module
    erase module.

• Greetings,

Since you erased the shadow block and rebooted the chip, there is nothing you can do now. What you did is erased the security bytes and now the chip is bricked. You are not going to be able to recover this chip.

Before you tried the shadow block, were you able to flash program the CFLASH? I want to know if you were able to communicate to this chip from the beginning.

You will need to replace the chip or switch to a different board. I highly suggest you first try to communicate to the chip using CFLASH and make sure you are able to talk to it. I also highly suggest you speak with NXP/Freescale on what to program into the shadow block if you plan on changing the security password.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement