Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Coldfire programming problems
Matt W. Dec 22, 2015 at 08:33 AM (08:33 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I used a .cfg that was supplied to me to create a SAP image and stored it on my cyclone max(ver. 7.89) to program a coldfire mcf54452vr266. using the standard 26 pin ribbon cable at port c of the cyclone. verified power. recieved error $00000007. found on this forum a possible bug with (ver. 7.89) updated cyclone to (ver. 7.91). same problem error $00000007.

I have tried modifying debug shift speeds and delays in the image creation utility.

PROGCFZ tells a similar story, "unable to communicate with target processor".

I am able to communicate with the programmer, but not yet the coldfire.

Might you know some things to check for or tricks to try?

Thanks,
    Matt

Comments

• Greetings,

1) Are you using any custom ribbon cables, adapters, external watchdog, or other unique hardware between the cyclone max and the chip? Are you connecting all 26 pins, or are you selective?

2) Is the chip powered? Make sure VCC/VDD pin on the ColdFire BDM header is 5V.

3) Make sure you have pin 1 connected correctly on both the board and on the cyclone.

The Debug shift frequency is usually what solves the issue, so if you make any changes make sure to continue playing with this setting to get it working.

Takao Yamada

• good to go now.

PCB was missing a crucial component!

Thanks,
    Matt

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement