Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multilink Universal Debug in Eclipse with Non-Freescale chips
Rob F. Dec 18, 2015 at 05:20 PM (17:20 hours)
Staff: Gerardo R.

• Hello,

I am trying to use a Multilink Universal Rev. C to Debug an STM32F205ZE chip through Eclipse. I have installed the PEMicro Plugin from http://www.pemicro.com/eclipse/updates. In the debug configuration in eclipse, I set up a "GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging" configuration. Under the Debugger tab my multilink shows up for the interface and the port, however when it comes time to "Select Device" the only devices that are given as options a Freescale chips. What do I need to do to get my STM chip to show up here? I have downloaded the Flash Algorithms however I don't know what to do with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob

Comments

• Our GDB Server Plugin currently only supports Kinetis parts. We are currently working on adding support for other devices so look out for an update coming in the next month or so.

• Has there been any further development on this?  I would very much like to be able to debug the STM32 Chip mentioned above.  It has been 5 months and the issues does not appear to be addressed with the latest update.

Thanks,

• We had this working and released, but unfortunately the support was removed at the request of NXP. We are looking into ways to package this support separately from the KDS distribution, but this has been put on the side for now.

• Is there a way to use the Windows based GDB server to hook up to the device and debug through Eclipse?

• Yes, you can uncheck the "launch server locally" checkbox and it will let you connect to an external server.

• Is there a help document on this process?  I would like to debug code on the chip using the MulitLink Universal.  I am currently developing in eclipse though my chip is not supported by the PEMicro add-in.  I have the Windows based GDB server installed and I can connect to my chip.  

1. Can I debug my code using eclipse?

2. If so, how?

3. If not, is there another way to debug my code?

Thank you for your help!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement