Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Can I upload FLASH content from an MPC564 with the CycloneMAX?
Brandy M. Dec 15, 2015 at 04:59 PM (16:59 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have an MPC564 BGA that I would like to read.  I want to read in this information, via BDM, and use it as an image to program other MPC564s with.  

Does the CycloneMAX have this capability? If not, which products do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Greetings,

All of our hardware that support the PowerPC BDM has this ability. It is actually a software feature, not hardware. You will need the PROGPPCZ software with your favorite P&E hardware interface. Use the command Upload Module to read the flash contents and save it as an S19 file. Then you can use this S19 file to program the next MPC564 device.

Cyclone max would be perfect if you are on a production line and it includes the PROGPPCZ software. If you only have to program a few devices, then you can get our multilink universal hardware and purchase a PROGPPCZ software.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks Takao,

So if I purchase Cyclone max, will I get everything I need? It comes with the Power Architecture 5xx cable; does it come with the PROGPPCZ software?

Or do I need to buy PKGPPCZ_CMAX?

Thanks!

• Greetings,

PKGPPCZ includes an assembler, a debugger (ICDPPCZ), and flash programmer (PROGPPCZ). If you need all of these tools, then PKGPPCZ_CMAX would include the cyclone max with this package.

Cyclone max comes with everything you need in hardware. Ribbon cable, power adapters, etc.

If you get cyclone max, the only thing you are missing out is the ICDPPCZ for debugging if you need it.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement