Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
SAP Image Creation Utility - getting Error 18 when storing image to disk
Jarrod W. Dec 15, 2015 at 04:19 PM (16:19 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Alright, I am trying to turn a s19 file into a SAP so I can use it on the Cyclone Pro. I keep getting a "ERROR 18 during script!" when I go to store the image to disk.

I used the Script Wizard and selected the 9S08QE8.S8P to match the chip we are using, and specified the s19 file I am turning into the SAP file. I then have the sequence to Erase Module, Blank Check Module, Program Module, Verify Module, Verify Checksum, and Program Trim.

This is my first time using the Image Utility and our partner that programs the s19 files has never used the Cyclone Pro, only the Multilink USB to program the algorithms.

Comments

• Greetings,

I highly suggest you first use the PROG for HCS08 software found in your cyclone pro software package. This is a step-by-step flash programming software you can use to execute the commands and figure out why you are getting this error 18 problem.

Only when you get it working in PROG should you move into automating it into an image onto the cyclone with the same files, settings, and commands.

Takao Yamada

• The PROG isn't working, it gets an error at Programming and Verifying. I follow the same steps to connect it, do a reset to enter debug mode and then it connects to the module. It can erase and do a blank check on the module but it gets that error when clicking to program.

Doing this with the USB Multilink is the same process, as it shares the same window and commands. I am able to program it under the Multilink with no problems but the Cyclone Pro PROG encounters this error following the same process to program.

I have downloaded and installed the new Cyclone software after deleting the old Cyclone software. It also updated the Cyclone Pro itself to work with the new software.

What else would I need to do to get this PROG to work?

• Greetings,

It does not make sense to me that the multilink works while the cyclone pro does not. Is there something special about this board, like a fast external crystal?

If you could create a support ticket in Support page -> support requests, I would like you to attach your S19 file and I would like to replicate this problem on my end. If it works, then we know the issue is not in software or firmware but instead it would be your hardware, whether that is your cyclone pro or your board.

Takao Yamada

• Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

It has been awhile, but there has been no conclusion to this issue.

The issue seems to be creating the .SAP file from the Image Creation Utility. Do you want me to open a ticket up to upload the configuration setup for the file I am trying to create? I am trying to get the file on the Cyclone Pro so the production team has a faster, easier process to program boards on the floor than using the Multilink setup currently. If that can be accomplished, then the next step would be understanding how to operate the Pro to properly program the SAP to the board.

Thank you,

Jarrod

• Greetings,

Please create a ticket and please attached your S19 file. I want to replicate the issue on my end because I still cannot believe that something would work on multilink but not on cyclone.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement