Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
MPC5634M can not execute the bootloader
parham o. Dec 3, 2015 at 11:54 PM (23:54 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi
    I have severe problem with my 15% of my MCU(MPC5634M).
    I program the MCU through JTAG by Cyclone Max but after programming the MCU freezed and can not execute the program after repower. I checked Supplies GND and crystal and all are OK.
    I reflash several time but there is no improvement.

Pleasrehelp me how to understand the root cause.

Comments

• Greetings,

If you are repeating the same process and seeing 15% failure, then you may want to start writing down the chip's part number and mask directly on the chip itself. See if you find a pattern. If you do, then you may want to contact Freescale to find out if there was a bad batch.

If you see no pattern, then you may want to get a debugging software to figure out why your code is not running.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks Takao,
    how should I find the pattern then?
    I am beginner. Is there any tutorial on this subject?

Thanks Olya

• Greetings,

If you want to find patterns in the part number, you should talk with Freescale to get assistance. We do not create these chips nor know the batch numbering.

If you want to go through debugging the problem and you need tools, then I can help you. Do you have debugging software?

Another thing to try is using the PROG for PPCNEXUS software found in your cyclone max software package. Use this to repeat the commands used in your cyclone image and see if you are able to get any errors.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,
    Actually another company developed the software and just gave us an s19 file. Now we are trying to use Cyclone MAX in standalone mode for programming.

There is no Error during programming and it's verified successfully but the program doesn't run.

I should see some overshoot on the TCK signal. Is it possible that the MCU damaged by bad jtag signal?

I don't think that it is damaged because I can program it several time successfully.

Olya

• Greetings,

Again, I suggest using the PROG for PPCNEXUS software to confirm that it has been programmed correctly and see if any problems occur. I doubt the chip got damaged unless the ribbon cable has been connected to it incorrectly. You could possibly fry the chip if you connected the JTAG incorrectly. Make sure pin 1 matches on the ribbon cable and on the cyclone max. Otherwise you can short VDD and GND. With enough current it can fry the cyclone and the chip.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement