Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
ICDPPCNEXUS : Waiting for keystroke or breakpoint
Raghav P. Dec 3, 2015 at 05:47 AM (05:47 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello

I am using for flashing and debugging and ICDPPCNEXUS Debugger 64k Starter Edition - Version 5.60.00.00.

Could you please let me know under what all conditions i can get below issue :

- When I place a breakpoint in a function, the Status Window indicates "Waiting for keystroke or breakpoint...", and it spins indefinitely.

What does 64K in the name of the tool mean?

Regards,
    Raghavendra P

Comments

• Greetings,

The 64K indicates how much data can be flash programmed to your device.

When using the ICD software, did you ever flash program before debugging? Make sure your chip is actually programmed or placing a breakpoint and running may be running nothing!

Use the High-level load to flash your ELF file and make sure you see you C-level source show up. If you have not read the help file, please do so to understand how the tool works.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

Thanks for the information. So you meant the size of ELF should not be greater the 64K?

I checked the code was flashed properly and the breakpoint was comming to main. But when i place the breakpoint in the ISR the tool spins indefinitely.

I am able to see the C- source files in the window.

I verified with another tool Trace32 and Lauterbaugh and here i was able to debug properly.

Could you please let me know the chapter in the help file where it explains the flashing and debugging procedure.

Regards,
      Raghavendra P

• Greetings,

No, the size of the ELF file is not what we care about. It is the binary size, the amount of data actually being programmed. The ELF file includes the binary AND the debugging information like the source paths. You may want to use a GCC OBJDUMP or other utility to extract the binary. Or your compiler may give you that information.

In the HELP file, click on the ELF/DWARF Support and it will show you how to get started.

If you place a breakpoint at a different location, say a few lines from where the PC is located, are you able to hit it? Are you able to step?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement