Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone Launch Hanging
Brian B. Nov 23, 2015 at 09:16 AM (09:16 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Lately I've been having a problem with the Cyclone Launch program hanging. It only does it every few days, but it will just sit there until it's restarted and then it appears to work fine. I'm just looking for any possible problems there could be, or the best course of action to take. Would setting a timeout in the config file fix anything? This setup is on a production line, so I'd like to get some advice before I start changing things around. I should also mention I'm using a cyclone max and Windows XP SP3. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hi Brian,

What step does it appear to be hanging on or is it completely random? You can generate an output log using the /logfile parameter and hopefully we can see where it is hanging.

Were there any recent changes to your setup?

Regard,
      Johnny
      P&E

• It always freezes during the programming step. Cyclone launch says "executing image 1" and it's right after the ALLSTART command. The actual cyclone max itself has the programming light lit up. The power has to be pulled on the cyclone max and manually restarted. The cyclone launch tool on the PC side also has to be exited out manually. There have not been any changes to the setup. We tried using a new cyclone max, but the issue is persisting.

• When Cyclone Launch hangs, does the Cyclone Max itself also get stuck on the programming step or does it complete the process (but then cyclone launch just doesn't report the success).

• Greetings,

Is this still an issue? Has this problem been resolved?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I have the same situaiton with Brian.Is there some solutions to resolve this problem?

Regards,
      Jeff

• When Cyclone Launch hangs, is the Cyclone Max also getting stuck or does it complete the whole SAP programming sequence (but then cyclone launch just doesn't report the success).

• When Cyclone Launch hangs, the cyclone pro was also stucked in programming step, could not jump to success.

• Hi Jin,

I'm going to need to ask you to open a support ticket and attach some files with details about your setup.

Please go here http://www.pemicro.com/support/index.cfm and click on Support Requests to open the ticket.

Please attach the following files:
            1. A screenshot of your image creation utility configuration
            2. Your Cyclone_launch script
            3. Any batch files that you may be using to call cyclone_launch if you are not doing it directly from the commandline

I'll take a look at your files and help you troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,
            Johnny
            PEmicro Engineering Support

• Hi, Takao

I have the same situaiton with Brian and Jeff.
      Is there some solutions to resolve this problem?

Regards,
      S

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement